One of the oldest gold bullion coins in the world is the 1 oz Gold Britannia. Introduced by the Royal Mint in 1987, the British Britannia made its debut following the South African Krugerrand, Canadian Maple Leaf, Chinese Panda, and the American Eagle, in order. Today, 2024 1 oz British Gold Britannia Coins are available to you online at JM Bullion.
- Available to you inside protective flips, plastic tubes of 10 coins, or mint-sealed boxes of 100 coins!
- 38th year of issue in the 1 oz British Gold Britannia Series!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure gold in BU condition.
- The face value of 100 Pound sterling (GBP) is fully backed by the British government.
- On the obverse is a bust of King Charles III.
- The reverse side features Britannia.
- Includes four security elements on the reverse.
When the British Gold Britannia was introduced in 1987, the coins were available in 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz gold. The content of the coins at that time was a Crown gold alloy, or 22-karat gold. Each coin featured 91.67% gold until 2013 when the Royal Mint enhanced the purity to 24-karat gold, or .9999 pure gold.
All of the 2024 1 oz British Gold Britannia Coins offered here come in individual packaging or bulk options. Individual coins are housed in protective flips. Multiples come in plastic tubes of 10 coins or boxes of 100 coins. Each box holds 10 separate tubes and all coins are in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
On the obverse of the 2024 British Gold Britannia is the new effigy of King Charles III. His Majesty is shown here in a 2022 design from Martin Jennings. Created as the first-ever portrait of the new king, this bust is a left-profile relief and lacks a crown.
The reverse side of 2024 1 oz Gold Britannias comes with a depiction of Britannia. The powerful female allegory is shown in front-facing relief wearing the Corinthian helmet on her head, clutching a trident in her right hand, and resting her left hand on the Union Jack shield with an olive branch.
Please contact JM Bullion if you have any questions about gold for sale. You can call us at 800-276-6508, chat with us online, or email us directly.