2 oz Silver Rounds Available from JM Bullion
Unlike most silver bullion and proof coin programs available on the market today, silver rounds are often made available in a greater variety of weights. This is done not only to capitalize on larger surface areas for brilliant designs, but also to offer varying pricing points for investors and collectors as they seek out the perfect safe-haven investment or addition to their personal collection.
Among the most popular weights for silver rounds are 2 oz Silver Rounds, which offer a pricing point very close to the affordable 1 oz products, but often come with larger surface areas that allow mints to get creative with the use of high-relief strikings with stunning proof and antique finishes. Learn more about the 2 oz Silver Rounds available today from JM Bullion. You’ll find our available collection below, broken down by mint and release program.
Elemetal Mint 2 oz Rounds
Currently, the most robust offering of 2 oz Silver Rounds comes from Elemetal Mint. At the heart of Elemetal Mint are three companies: Ohio Precious Metals, Provident Metals, and NTR Metals. First and foremost, let’s focus on Ohio Precious Metals. OPM, as it was once known, was formed in the southeastern corner of Ohio in the late 1970s. It quickly became one of the preeminent private mints in the United States, and made a name for itself producing gold and silver bullion products using not only environmentally friend production processes, but also recycled precious metals.
Today, Elemetal Mint is the largest American-owned precious metals company in the world, providing both good deliver gold and silver bars, as well as low-premium silver rounds that open up the precious metals marketplace to a wide array of investors and collectors.
Elemetal Mint Privateer High Relief 2 oz Silver Rounds
The first major series of silver rounds from Elemetal Mint was the Privateer Series of pirate-themed rounds. The 2 oz Privateer High Relief Silver Proofs are all struck in ultra-high-relief versions, and made available in individual plastic slips for shipping, or in tubes with a total of 10 rounds per tube. To this point, there are a total of five designs now available in the collection that include the following (in order):
- 2 oz Privateer High Relief Silver Proof: On the obverse face is the image of a privateer’s ship sailing on the choppy waters of the ocean. The ominous clouds in the background part just enough for the moon to peak through and provide light in the darkness of night.
- 2 oz Siren High Relief Silver Proof: On the obverse of this round, the same privateer’s ship can be seen again sailing on choppy seas with ominous clouds crowding the background of the image. In the foreground is the image of a beautiful siren, scourge of the ancient seas, singing her song to lure the men of the ship to their ultimate deaths.
- 2 oz The Captain High Relief Silver Proof: The obverse face of the round depicts the rugged pirate known as The Captain standing on a deserted island, with cutlass and treasure in hand. The open chest at his feet will be the resting place of his treasure, to be recovered later by himself, if he’s lucky.
- 2 oz The Kraken High Relief Silver Proof: On the obverse of the 2 oz. Elemetal Privateer The Kraken Ultra High Relief Silver Round you’ll find the image of a kraken’s massive tentacles emerging from the water to ensnare a passing galleon. There are no engravings on this face other than the frightening image of death that comes from the kraken.
- 2 oz The Plank High Relief Silver Proof: The obverse of each of these silver rounds features the image of a poor soul who’s been sentenced to death by walking the plank. As the pirate captain stands behind him with a gun and sword out to push him along, the mutineer approaches the edge of the plank with his eye’s covered and hands bound behind his back.
Elemetal Mint American Landmark High Relief 2 oz Silver Rounds
Following the release of the Privateer Series, the Elemetal Mint debuted yet another ultra-high-relief proof series of silver rounds in late July 2015. This second series of rounds is known as the American Landmark Series. This particular series of high-relief proofs is expected to contain a total of 20 different round designs, each one capturing the beauty of a different natural wonder from across the North American continent.
There will be a new design released with each of the silver rounds in this series that highlights some of the American Landmarks that dot the landscape of North America. Each 2 oz. Silver Round in this collection shares a common design on the reverse. It features an outcrop of the North American continent, along with the engravings “American Landmarks” along the top and “2 oz. .999 Fine Silver” along the bottom.
For the available designs right now, you’ll find the following releases (in order):
- 2 oz Grand Canyon High Relief: The first round in the series depicts Horseshoe Bend in the Grand Canyon. The lone outcrop of land is found at a U-shaped bend in the Colorado River as it cuts through the Grand Canyon. Horseshoe Bend was formed over the course of millions of years as the waters of the Colorado ground away at the surrounding rock cliffs.
- 2 oz Liberty Island High Relief: On the obverse of these Liberty Island rounds you’ll find the image of the Statue of Liberty as seen from below, gazing up at her as she holds her torch aloft. The American flag is featured in the background of the design, with “Liberty Island” engraved along the right-hand side of the round.
- 2 oz Pearl Harbor High Relief: On the obverse face of the round is the image of the USS Arizona memorial in Honolulu, Hawaii. The calm waters of the harbor rest below the memorial building, with an American flag flying proudly above the site. The solemn words “Pearl Harbor” offer the only engraving on this face.
- 2 oz Mount Rushmore High Relief: On the obverse of the Mount Rushmore round you’ll find the iconic sculptures on the cliff face that attract more than 2 million visitors on an annual basis to the area. Located in the Black Hills of South Dakota, just west of Rapid City, Mount Rushmore National Memorial features the busts of Presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln.
Elemetal Mint Egyptian Gods High Relief 2 oz Silver Rounds
The latest 2 oz Silver Round series released from the Elemetal Mint retains the high-relief striking, with an antique finish that has become a hallmark of the mint’s silver round programs. Each of the releases in this series features a high-relief striking. Mints will strike silver blanks under immense pressure, multiple times, to create high-relief products that help bring designs to life with 3D imagery that appears to leap off the surface of the round.
Egyptian Gods High Relief 2 oz Silver Rounds from Elemetal ship in protective plastic flips for individual rounds, or inside of Coinsafe tubes containing a roll of 10 rounds. Unlike the other 2 oz Silver Rounds from Elemetal, these rounds each feature their own unique obverse and reverse designs with incuse engravings for an ancient look and appeal.
The first silver round released in the Egyptian Gods Series, the 2 oz Elemetal Egyptian God Series Cleopatra Silver Round features the last pharaoh of Egypt during the Ptolemaic era. The Ptolemies were of Greek descent and ruled Egypt from the death of Alexander the Great in the Hellenistic Period to the conquering of the region by the Roman Empire.
On the obverse face of each 2 oz Elemetal Egyptian God Series Cleopatra Silver Round you’ll find the primary design of Cleopatra as she sits on a lounging chaise. Surrounding her image are countless ancient Egyptian symbols, including the cartouche of Cleopatra bearing her lineage name, the Eye of Horus, and a bowl of figs. It is believed that her servants smuggled in an asp snake in a bowl of figs, which she allowed to bite her and inject its poison as an act of suicide.
The reverse face of these silver rounds bears the image of Isis, the goddess Cleopatra claimed to be the reincarnation of in Egyptian society. She is seated in the center of the design and surrounded by hieroglyphs that were taken directly from ancient Egyptian papyri, as well as text found on the Temple of Horus.
The Egyptian God Series from the Elemetal Mint continues with an homage to the god Anubis. Known as the god of mummification and the afterlife, Anubis was the Greek language name for the god and was given during the period of Ptolemaic rule in Egypt.
Often depicted as a half-man, half-dog creature, Anubis appears on the obverse of the 2 oz Elemetal Egyptian God Series Anubis Silver Round. He is depicted holding the scales of justice during the embalming ceremony of ancient Egyptians when the heart is weighed. In this ceremony, a newly deceased individual’s heart is weighed against a feather. If the feather is heavier, the individual moves on to the afterlife.
The reverse side of the Anubis Silver Round features the image of a jackal at rest atop a winged sun disc in front of a temple pyramid reflective of those built in and around the complex of pyramids built in Giza. The golden jackal was associated with Anubis and classified by early archaeologists as such, but was later reclassified through genetic testing as the African golden wolf.
Other 2 oz Silver Rounds Available from JM Bullion
In addition to the committed series of silver rounds available in a 2 oz weight, as listed above, there are other rounds in the 2 oz weight range that are not part of a 2 oz series, but rather are part of a wider series of singular designs that are available in multiple weights.
This includes the 2 oz Scottsdale Stacker Silver Round. The Scottsdale Mint Stacker Silver Round features the same design concept on both the obverse and reverse side. The mint’s official logo is that of a male lion’s head, which boasts a crown at the very top. This image is engraved in contrasting convex and concave fields on the obverse and reverse, respectively.
The Scottsdale Mint’s convex obverse face fits perfectly inside the concave reverse of other rounds, again, regardless of size.
To further enhance the interlocking nature of the rounds, both sides have engraved radial lines that alternate between raised and lowered surfaces. This allows a group of stacked rounds to lock together so they not only don’t tip easily, but also won’t shift around on their axis easily either. The entire design, from 3D imagery to radial lines, is designed to ensure stability when the Scottsdale Mint Stacker Silver rounds are piled up in storage.
On the obverse face of each 2 oz Scottsdale Stacker Silver Round you’ll find the 3D, convex image of the Mint’s official logo. The lion’s head used in the logo design is imposing as its icy glare stars back at you. Only the radial lines exist on the obverse in addition to the lion’s head feature.
The reverse face of each Scottsdale Mint Stacker Silver round bears the same mint logo, along with engraving surrounding the outside that identify the round’s weight, purity, metal content, and the identity of the mint.
Additionally, there is the Stardust Silver release of Terminator Rounds. Designed by artist Michael S. Berman, the images used on the new Terminator Silver Round Series were brought to life on silver rounds by sculptor Heidi Wastweet. The Terminator series of feature films made actor Arnold Schwarzenegger a household name around the globe. His role as the T-800 Terminator sent to 1984 from 2029 to kill Sarah Connor sparked one of the greatest film franchises of the 1980s, which included famous reboots in the early 2000s.
The series includes a 1 oz Terminator Silver Round and a 2 oz Terminator Silver Round. Each of the rounds in this series had a maximum mintage set at just 5,000 rounds for global distribution and included individual serial numbers, as well as Certificates of Authenticities.
On the reverse face of the coin you’ll find the full-length figure of the skeletal system of the T-800 Terminator killing machine. In the middle is a bar that features the engraving of “The Terminator,” while the coin’s weight is engraved to the left, and its purity and metal content to the right. Above the “Terminator” engraving, there is an inscription of the tagline used in the movie to describe the setting of the movies.
The obverse features a frightening image of the face of the T-800 Terminator, with the engraving of “Cyberdyne Systems T-800. In the background of the image is a futuristic battlefield representative of the year 2029 from which the terminator was sent back in time.
Purchasing 2 oz Silver Rounds from JM Bullion
You can complete your purchase of 2 oz Silver Rounds from JM Bullion using a number of payment methods. We accept all major credit/debit cards with the exception of American Express. Paper checks, bank wire transfers, and PayPal fund transfers are also accepted. Bank wire and PayPal transfers process immediately, while credit/debit purchases take an average of one business day, and paper checks take four to six business days.
Once your payment has been processed, your products will be released into our shipping queue. All JM Bullion products are packaged and shipped in discreet boxes to protect the identity of your purchased items. The US Postal Service and UPS handle all shipping of JM Bullion goods. Should your package become lost in the mail or stolen from your doorstep, we’ll work to provide you with a replacement product or refund of your purchase price. All shipments are free of charge for standard shipping, while expedited shipping is available at an extra cost.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask us. A JM Bullion associate is standing by at 800-276-6508 to answer your questions. You can also connect with us online using our live web chat or email services.