The Australian Kangaroo Series is one of the oldest collections available from Perth Mint. Introduced as the Gold Nugget in 1986, this collection was rebranded in 1990 and has since featured new reverse designs each year of Australia’s most notable marsupial species, the kangaroo. Today, 2024 1 oz Australian Gold Kangaroo Coins are available online from JM Bullion.
- Comes with individual capsules or mint-sealed boxes of 100 coins!
- 38th date for the Australian Gold Kangaroo series!
- Debut portrait of King Charles III!
- Unlimited mintage for 2024!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure gold in BU condition.
- The face value of $100 (AUD) is fully backed by the Australian government.
- On the obverse is a new bust of His Majesty King Charles III.
- The reverse features a kangaroo bounded passed a creek bed.
- P125 mint mark.
- Micro-laser engraved authentication feature on the reverse.
- Artwork by Wade Robinson.
Australian Kangaroo coins were initially offered in the same 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz gold weights still available today. However, the coins initially featured the same reverse depiction of a gold nugget each year, but each weight had its own distinct nugget design. As of 1990, the coins all share the same design across the four weights, with a new design chosen each year.
All of these 2024 1 oz Australian Gold Kangaroo Coins are available in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. The 1 oz gold coins in the series have individual plastic capsules or mint-sealed boxes of 100 coins available for shipping. The 2024 release marks the first time His Majesty King Charles III features on the obverse of the coins.
On the obverse of the 2024 Australian Gold Kangaroo, you will find a new portrait of King Charles III from Dan Thorne. In keeping with British traditions, Charles III is depicted in left-profile relief, the opposite of his predecessor and mother, Queen Elizabeth II. His Majesty is shown without a crown.
The reverse side of 2024 1 oz Gold Kangaroo Coins features a kangaroo bounding along a dry creek bed. The kangaroo dominates the design field in the foreground and is set in left-profile relief. Perth Mint’s P125 mint mark is featured on this side and honors the 125th anniversary of the mint’s founding.
Please contact JM Bullion if you have any questions about these coins. You can call us at 800-276-6508, chat with us online, or email us directly.