The final silver dollar design the US Mint used in circulation was known as the Peace Silver Dollar. Introduced in 1921 with a new design to honor the hard-won peace of World War I, this design was last issued in 1935. The US Mint revived the design as a bullion coin in 2021 in honor of its 100th anniversary. Now, 2023-S Proof Peace Silver Dollar Coins in certified condition are available to you for purchase online at JM Bullion.
- Coins arrive inside protective PCGS plastic slabs!
- 2nd date for modern Peace Silver Dollars!
- Limited original issue of 400,000 coins!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains .859 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of PR70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Day of Issue label.
- The obverse features Lady Liberty.
- On the reverse is an American bald eagle.
- Comes with an S mint mark from the San Francisco Mint.
Peace Silver Dollars were introduced in 1921 by the United States Mint, with production starting on December 27, 1921, at the Philadelphia Mint. In the final days of the year, the Philadelphia Mint was able to release just over 1 million coins with a 2021 date mark.
As the calendar turned to 1922, the San Francisco Mint and Denver Mint joined in production of the coins. The 1922 Peace Dollar date mark remains the highest-minted in the program’s history, with more than 84 million coins released. Not only was the 1922 date mark a record, but it was also a record date for mintage at each of the individual mints.
The obverse of the 2023-S Proof Peace Silver Dollar comes with a depiction of Lady Liberty. Created by Anthony di Francisci, this visual shows Liberty in left-profile relief wearing a radiant crown of light on her head as her hair flows freely in the breeze.
On the reverse side of 2023 Proof Peace Dollars, you will find the image of an American bald eagle. The national emblem is shown resting on a cliff edge with its wings at its sides and an olive branch of peace in its talons.
These 2023-S Proof Peace Silver Dollar Coins are in PR70 condition. PR70 coins showcase full, original mint luster and have no detractions. First Day of Issue labels are for coins that were received for grading within 24 hours of release from the mint.
JM Bullion customer service is available at 800-276-6508. Alternatively, you can chat with us online or email us directly.