Morgan Silver Dollars are back at the United States Mint in 2023. The coins were initially brought back in 2021 for their 100th anniversary as commemorative bullion pieces. In 2023, you will once again find modern Morgan Silver Dollar coins available at the US Mint with various options for collectors. Now, you can buy certified 2023-S Proof Morgan Silver Dollar Coins online at JM Bullion.
- Coins arrive in plastic cases from NGC!
- These are the second version of modern Morgan Silver Dollars!
- Only 400,000 of these coins were initially made!
- Limited number of coins that are certified as perfect!
- Contains .859 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of PF69 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Obverse depicts a bust of Lady Liberty.
- Reverse includes the heraldic eagle.
- The coins are marked with an “S” from the San Francisco Mint.
The first Morgan Silver Dollar was made in 1878, and it was the last big silver dollar used a lot. The coins were made every year until 1904. Then, there was a break for 17 years, and they were made again in 1921. That was the last time they were made until they came back in 2021 for the 100th anniversary.
When the United States Mint originally issued Morgan Dollars for circulation, five branch mints contributed to production over the course of 28 years. The Philadelphia and San Francisco branch mints struck the coins every year. New Orleans struck the coins every year but the 1878 and 1921 dates. Carson City issued the coins from 1878 to 1885 and 1889 to 1893, with Denver striking the coins just once in 1921.
On the obverse side of the 2023-S Proof Morgan Dollar Coins, you’ll see the design that was used in 1878 by George T. Morgan. It’s a depiction of Liberty in left-profile relief, wearing a Phrygian cap and a crown of leaves and flowers.
The reverse of the 2023-S Proof Morgan Silver Dollars has an image of the heraldic eagle. This eagle was also designed by George T. Morgan. It shows the eagle from the front, holding arrows in one claw and an olive branch in the other.
These 2023-S Proof Morgan Silver Dollar Coins are available to purchase in near-perfect condition. PF69 coins showcase full, original mint luster, but also feature a maximum of two minor flaws. Examples of these flaws include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines found outside the primary focal points.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with JM Bullion. You can call us at 800-276-6508, chat with us online, or send us an email.