For the first time in 2021, the S-Proof American Silver Eagle Coin struck at the United States Mint is available to collectors. While other coins in the series had a Type 1 and Type 2 release in 2021, the S-Proof American Silver Eagle only comes with the all-new reverse design of the bald eagle. Today, 2021-S 1 oz Proof American Silver Eagle Coins are available to you online from JM Bullion.
- Available to you in a protective capsule and black presentation box with a Certificate of Authenticity!
- 35th anniversary for the Proof American Silver Eagle!
- Debut of the new reverse design on S-Proof Eagles!
- Limited offering of only 200,000 coins!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- On the obverse is Walking Liberty.
- The reverse features the all-new bald eagle in flight.
- Gap in the reeded edge provides an anti-counterfeiting measure for the coins.
- Obverse now includes Adolph A. Weinmans original signature mark.
- S mint mark from the San Francisco Mint.
The United States Mint introduced the new Type 2 bald eagle design on its 2021 Silver Eagles in July 2021. However, from late 2020 to July 2021, the US Mint struck the original Type 1 design with the heraldic eagle on the reverse. This was limited to the W-Proof American Silver Eagle and the BU American Silver Eagle. These 2021-S Proof American Silver Eagles with the Type 2 design are the first with the new visual from the San Francisco Mint collectible coins.
All of the 2021-S 1 oz Proof American Silver Eagles in this listing are available with US Mint packaging. The coins are packaged in a protective capsule and come with a black presentation box. The exterior lid of the presentation box has an artistic rendering of the new bald eagle from the reverse. A Certificate of Authenticity is available from the mint.
The San Francisco Mint issued a total of 191,336 Proof Silver Eagles in 2020. While there is no mintage limit for the new 2021-S Proof Silver Eagle, the product limit for coins packaged in US Mint boxes with a COA is set at just 200,000 coins.
On the obverse of 2021-S Proof American Silver Eagle Coins is Walking Liberty. Designed by Adolph A. Weinman, this left-profile vision of Liberty walking toward the sun on the horizon now features Weinmans original AW signature mark.
The reverse side of 2021-S 1 oz Proof Silver Eagles features the new bald eagle design from Emily Damstra. The design shows a bald eagle swooping down into view with its wings flexed and its talons clutching a large oak branch.
Please contact JM Bullion with any questions. You can call our team at 800-276-6508, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.