In 2020, the United States Mint celebrated the 400th anniversary of the Mayflowers crossing of the Atlantic Ocean. In addition to a dual-release with the Royal Mint of England, the US Mint issued a reverse-proof version of its coin design. Now, 2020 1/4 oz Reverse Proof American Gold 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower Coins are available to you for purchase online from JM Bullion in perfect condition.
- Coins arrive in protective plastic slabs courtesy of the PCGS or NGC!
- 400th-anniversary release in honor of the Mayflower!
- Limited original mintage of only 5,000 coins!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 1/4 Troy oz of .9999 pure gold.
- Issued a face value of $10 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of PR70 or PF70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service or the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Wampanoag family featured on the obverse.
- Pilgrims depicted on the reverse.
- Reverse-proof specimens.
- Please keep in mind that you may receive coins with the same labels if you buy more than one.
In 1620, Puritans and others who felt outcast or oppressed boarded the Mayflower in pursuit of a fresh start in the New World. The Mayflower was meant to transit the Atlantic Ocean with another ship, but the other vessel sprung a leak that could not be repaired. The bulk of the passengers were transferred to the Mayflower for its fall crossing of the Atlantic.
The Mayflower departed from southern England in September 1620 and arrived off the coast of what is now Massachusetts in November 1620. After two weeks anchored in the waters off Cape Cod, the people aboard the ships set foot on land. In their first encounters with the indigenous people of America, the Pilgrims encountered the Wampanoag tribe.
For the obverse design of 2020 1/4 oz Reverse Proof American Gold Mayflower Coins is a depiction of the Wampanoag. Here, a family of Wampanoag people sits on the shore looking out with curiosity at the Mayflower anchored out at sea.
In the reverse field of 2020 Reverse Proof American Gold 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower Coins, the US Mints design depicts two Pilgrims. A male and female are shown here with stoic gazes, no doubt looking out with caution about what awaits them in the New World.
These 2020 1/4 oz Reverse Proof American Gold 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower Coins are available to you in perfect condition. Coins with a PF70 or PR70 grade showcase full, original mint luster with no flaws. These coins are offered at random. We do not guarantee whether the coins have additional labels or not, nor do we guarantee which grading house issued the labels. All coins are chosen after your payment clears. If you buy more than one, you could get coins with the same labels.
JM Bullion customer service is available at 800-276-6508 to answer questions about gold for sale. We are also available online using our live chat and email address features.