Hands down, the most important singular Gold Buffalo Coin issued to date by the United States Mint was the 2013 Reverse Proof. This coin was issued with a distinct finish that has not yet been duplicated within the series and came on the centennial anniversary of the first issue of the Buffalo Nickel in 1913. Right now, certified-perfect 2013-W 1 oz Reverse Proof American Gold Buffalo Coins are available to purchase online from JM Bullion.
- Arrives in a PCGS or NGC protective plastic slab!
- 2013 release marks the 100th anniversary of the Buffalo Nickel!
- Reverse-proof visuals!
- Limited mintage of only 47,836 coins!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure gold.
- Bears a face value of $50 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 or PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Stoic indigenous figure on the obverse.
- American bison on the reverse.
- W mint mark on the obverse of the coins.
- Please note you may get matching labels when buying multiple coins.
Each 2013-W 1 oz Reverse Proof American Gold Buffalo Coin available here is a perfect specimen. PF70/PR70 grades are issued to coins that exhibit full, original mint luster and have no detracting flaws of any kind present on the design fields or elements of the coin.
Please note that JM Bullion cannot guarantee the labels or grading house for the coin you receive. Our team will select your coin or coins at random after your payment has cleared. As such, you could receive coins with the same grading house labels.
The 2013 release of the American Gold Buffalo Coin included these reverse-proof specimens. The reverse-proof release features mirrored design elements over frosted background fields. This was done to create a coin to honor the 1913 Buffalo Nickel, the coin design that inspired the 2006 release of the 24-karat American Gold Buffalo Coin.
A stoic indigenous figure is featured on the obverse of 2013-W Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo Coins. This design was created in 1913 by James Earle Fraser using the physical characteristics of three different indigenous leaders from the early 20th century in the United States.
In the reverse design of 2013-W 1 oz Reverse Proof American Gold Buffalo Coins, you will find the image of an American bison. The largest land mammal on the North American continent, the bison shown here was also created by James Earle Fraser. He used Black Diamond, a resident bison at the Central Park Zoo as inspiration for his design.
If you have any questions when buying gold, please feel free to ask. JM Bullion customer service is available to assist you at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.