What better way to celebrate your American patriotism than by purchasing a commemorative quarter set! The United States Mint is known for releasing exclusive bullion products for collectors around the world to cherish, and coins from the States Quarters Program is no different. This time, however, these quarters are featured with actual silver content and a proof finish. Now, the 2001 U.S. Mint Proof Silver Quarters Set can be purchased online from JM Bullion.
- This set of five quarters is packaged in a hard plastic sheet!
- Exclusive quarter releases from the U.S. Mint!
- Proof finish on each quarter!
- All five quarters contain actual silver content.
- Each coin bears a face value of $0.25 (USD) thats fully backed by the United States government.
- On the obverse of each quarter is the portrait of George Washington.
- This set features five different reverse designs, with each designated to a certain state.
- When you purchase from this listing, keep in mind that you may receive your order without a Certificate of Authenticity and/or an outer shipper.
The 2001 U.S. Mint Proof Silver Quarters Set contains five different quarters. Each quarter is made with actual silver content, containing 90% silver and 10% copper. A special proof finish is included on each coin, which means that the background of the quarters is mirrored while the designs appear as frosted. This feature offers great visual contrast for the viewer to enjoy.
The States Quarters Program from the United States Mint was in circulation from 1999 to 2008. Each year of release, the San Francisco branch of the U.S. Mint manufactured and distributed five different quarters, each with their own exclusive reverse design. Each design is designated to a certain American state and features imagery specific to that state.
On the obverse of each quarter in the 2001 U.S. Mint Proof Silver Quarters Set is the portrait of George Washington. As the first official president of the United States, Washington is known for his role as a leader in U.S. history. He was also one of the Founding Fathers of America. This same portrait of Washington is still featured on the U.S. coin today, which was originally designed in 1932 by John Flanagan.
There are five different reverse designs featured in this 2001 U.S. Mint Proof Silver Quarters Set. Each design has been designated to a certain state, with the following states represented in this set: New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Kentucky. The design for each state features specific imagery to symbolize something unique about the state.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to JM Bullion. We can be contacted online via email or live chat, or consider giving us a call at 800-276-6508.