Customers: Please note that because these coins are older, they may have blemishes and/or imperfections and are not guaranteed to be in brilliant uncirculated condition.
At the dawn of a new century, the American Silver Eagle was soaring high with mintage levels the program hadnt seen since its first years of production. Celebrating the 15th anniversary of the coins, 2001 American Silver Eagle coins marked a second consecutive year of mintage levels in excess of 9 million coins, the first time in program history that such highs were reached in back-to-back years. The 2001 American Silver Eagle coin is available today from JM Bullion.
- Mintage in 2001 totaled 9.74 million coins!
- 15th anniversary of the American Silver Eagle coin!
- Ships in a protective plastic flip, sealed mint tubes of 20, or Monster Boxes containing 500 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 pure silver.
- Protect your investment with 40.6mm Direct Fit Air-Tite Capsules or 40.6mm Air-Tite Coin Tubes, which hold 20 coins.
- Face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Proof specimens feature a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
- Walking Liberty graces the obverse.
- The heraldic eagle of the United States is on the reverse.
2001 American Silver Eagle coins were significant for more reasons than simply marking the 15th anniversary of the series. When the coins were originally introduced, both the bullion and proof coins were struck in San Francisco.
Proof coin production shifted to the Philadelphia Mint from 1993 to 2000. The bullion coins remained at San Francisco until 1998, and were moved to Philadelphia as well for 1999 and 2000. The 2001 American Silver Eagle coins, both bullion and proof, were struck by the West Point Mint, and continue to be produced at the New York facility today.
For 2001, bullion production of the American Silver Eagle coin was down slightly from 9.239 million in 2000 to 9.001 million. The proof American Silver Eagle coin was, however, up significantly from 2000. While 600,743 coins were struck in 2000, the 2001 American Silver Eagle proof coin had a mintage of 746,398 coins. This mark nearly reached the declared maximum mintage of 750,000 for the year by the United States Mint.
Walking Liberty continues to grace the obverse face of the American Silver Eagle coin, while the reverse features the exclusive, modernized image of the heraldic eagle of the United States of America.
If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to ask. You can reach one of our associates on the phone at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via email address. Please visit our website for other variations of the Silver American Eagle coin and check back often as we are always adding new products to our inventory.