The Chinese Gold Panda coin is a leading gold bullion specimen that has been available from the Chinese Mint since 1982. In 2016, the weight of the coins in this series changed from Troy ounces to Grams. The 15 Gram Gold Panda replaced the former 1/2 oz Gold Panda that has been available dating back to the 1982 introduction of the series. The 15 Gram Chinese Gold Panda Coin is now available to you for purchase online from JM Bullion in perfect condition.
- Coins arrive inside of protective plastic slabs from the PCGS or NGC!
- Available in 15 Grams since 2016!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 15 Grams (.4823 Troy oz) of .999 pure gold.
- Issued a face value of 200 (Yuan) by the Peoples Republic of China.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service or NGC.
- Additional labels possible.
- On the obverse is the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests.
- The reverse includes varying designs of the Giant Panda species.
- Please keep in mind you could receive several coins from the same date mark with the same design when purchasing multiples.
In 2016, the Chinese Mint shifted all five coins in the Chinese Gold Panda Series away from Troy ounces to Grams instead. The series had featured 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz coins since 1982, and a 1/20 oz coin since 1983. Each of those coins continues with a new weight measured in Grams.
The former 1/2 oz Gold Panda is now known as the 15 Gram Gold Panda and has a smaller weight of 15 Grams compared to 15.5515 Grams compared to its predecessor. The diameter and thickness of the coin remain the same as the previous 1/2 oz gold coin.
On the obverse of 15 Gram Chinese Gold Panda Coins is the image of the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests. This is the primary structure in the Temple of Heaven Complex that was built in Beijing between 1406 and 1420.
The reverse side of 15 Gram Gold Panda Coins features the Giant Panda species. The design on this side is new every year, but always focuses on the Giant Panda bear species. These bears are native to the central highlands of China.
These 15 Gram Chinese Gold Panda Coins earned Mint State 70 certifications from the PCGS or NGC. Perfect coins have full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws. It is possible the coins in this listing come with additional labels such as First Strike or Early Release, denoting coins that arrived for grading within the first 30 days of the original issue date.
If you buy more than one coin in this listing, we cannot guarantee you will receive varying date marks and designs. All coins are chosen at random once your payment is processed.
We encourage JM Bullion customers to call us at 800-276-6508 with questions. You can also connect to us online through our live chat and email address.