The Chinese Gold Panda Coin is among the best-selling gold bullion coins in the world. Introduced in 1982 by the Chinese Mint, only the South African Gold Krugerrand and Canadian Gold Maple Leaf have been around longer than the official gold bullion coin of the Peoples Republic of China. Now, 1 Gram Chinese Gold Panda Coins in perfect condition are available to you for purchase online from JM Bullion.
- Coin arrives inside of the PCGS or NGC protective plastic slab!
- Available from 2016 as a 1 Gram coin!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 1 Gram (.0322 Troy oz) of .999 pure gold.
- Issued a face value of 20 Yuan by the Peoples Republic of China.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Obverse depicts the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests.
- Reverse offers varying images of the Giant Panda.
- Please note you could receive coins with matching dates, labels, and designs if you purchase multiples.
When the Chinese Mint introduced the Chinese Gold Panda bullion coins in 1982, the series consisted of 1 Troy oz coins alongside 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz coins. In 1983, a 1/20 oz gold coin was made available in the series as well. This continued from 1982 to 2015. However, in 2016 the Chinese Mint moved away from Troy oz weights in favor of Grams.
Beginning with the 2016 release, the Chinese Gold Panda coins had all-new weights marked in Grams that consist of 30 Grams, 15 Grams, 8 Grams, 3 Grams, and 1 Gram. This 1 Gram Chinese Gold Panda Coin represents the former 1/20 oz gold coin. The major change for the 1 Gram coin was a drop in overall weight from 1.5552 Grams as the 1/20 oz coin to 1 Gram even, and the diameter shrunk dramatically from 13.92 MM to 10 MM.
Obverse designs on the 1 Gram Chinese Gold Panda Coin always highlight the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests. This building was built within the Temple of Heaven Complex in Beijing between 1406 and 1420 and is a major Taoist religious site.
Reverse visuals on the 1 Gram Chinese Gold Panda include designs of the Giant Panda. This notable species of bear is the unofficial emblem of China and is depicted on the reverse of the coins in a new design each year. You will find no repeats in the 1 Gram Gold Pandas design since the 2016 transition.
These 1 Gram Chinese Gold Panda Coins are available to you in perfect condition. The coins have Mint State 70 certifications from either the PCGS or NGC. An MS70 coin shows full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws.
Please note additional labels are possible in this listing and we cannot guarantee the date mark or specific design for the coin received. Buying multiples can result in receiving matching coins.
JM Bullion customer service is available at 800-276-6508. We are also available online through our live chat and email address.