JM Bullion is pleased to introduce the brand new 2016 11/4 oz Canadian Silver Bison coin. Produced by the Royal Canadian Mint as a custom bullion product, JM Bullion is the exclusive distributor of this Bison coin within the United States. Struck using .9999 pure silver and available in Brilliant Uncirculated condition, this coin follows in the footsteps of the inaugural 2015 Silver Bison.
- Individual coins ship in plastic flips, lots of 20 coins ship in mint tubes, and lots of 400 coins ship in mint boxes.
- 2nd annual striking of the Canadian Silver Bison coin series.
- Each coin contains 1.25 troy oz of .9999 pure silver, providing for a “chunky” feel.
- Issued a face value of $8 (CAD) by the government of Canada.
- Bears an all-new design of the Bison. For more details, see the official RCM Sales Sheet.
- Features micro-machined radial lines for enhanced anti-counterfeiting protection.
- Arrives in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. Add an X38 capsule to protect your Bison coin.
In 2015 the Royal Canadian Mint struck its first ever 1.25 oz coin in .9999 pure silver. The Canadian Silver Bison coin is a new endeavor of sorts for RCM as the coins will feature a new design on the reverse side each year. The all-new design in 2016 sticks to the motif of a bison, but features the massive creature in a different pose.
On the reverse side of the 2016 1.25 oz $8 Canadian Silver Bison Coin is the left-side image of a bison standing at the water’s edge. With its head dipped down in search of water, the majestic mountains of the Canadian Rockies rise to the horizon in the background. Engravings include “Canada 2016” above, the purity directly above the bison, and the metal content and weight below.
The obverse side features Susanna Blunt’s 2003 right-profile portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. As with other RCM coins, her image is surrounded by engravings that read “Elizabeth II,” “D.G. Regina,” and the face value of the coin.
On both sides of the coin you’ll find micro-machined radial lines that combat against counterfeiting. On the reverse side, just below the bison, is a repeating image of a maple leaf. When viewed under magnification, authentic coins bear the year of minting inside the leaf.
Each coin in this JM Bullion product listing is available in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. Coins in BU condition show no signs of wear and tear, though there may be some breaks in the luster or contact marks as a result of the coining process.
If you have any questions about this exclusive JM Bullion product, please reach out to us on the phone at 800-276-6508, online through our live chat, or via email. If you are interested in similar products, be sure to check out our collection of Canadian Silver Coins.