Explore the Simpsons Silver Coins available at JM Bullion
There is no arguing the fact that The Simpsons is the most popular animated television show of all time. Nothing remains on television these days unless eyeballs are tuning in week after week and season after season. Such has been the case of The Simpsons as the American animated icon grew from a simple 30-second sketch cartoon on The Tracey Ullman Show in 1987 into a 30-minute animated series that has been on television year after year since 1989. Today, the Perth Mint is celebrating the 30th anniversary of the beloved animated comedy with a wide range of Simpsons-themed, officially-licensed silver bullion coins. Explore what awaits at JM Bullion.
The Simpsons Character Series
The first and most robust series of Simpsons Silver Coins released to date is the Simpsons Character Series from the Perth Mint. Issued on behalf of the nation of Tuvalu, the limited-edition collection focuses on the five primary characters that make up the Simpsons family in the animated series. This includes the patriarch Homer, mother Marge, and the children: Bart, Lisa, and Maggie.
Each of the coins released in this series ships individually inside of a clear acrylic case that allows you to view both the reverse and obverse designs of the series without removing the coin from its protective packaging. There is a colorized design of the character represented in each release on the reverse field. The coins each come with a Certificate of Authenticity from the Perth Mint, have a limited mintage of 5,000 coins per design, and ship complete inside of a Simpsons-themed shipping sleeve.
All of the obverse designs in this release are the same, that of Queen Elizabeth II. This is the 1998 design of Queen Elizabeth II in right-profile relief that first debuted on Royal Mint of England coins and later disseminated to Commonwealth coins through the Perth Mint and other facilities. It depicts the Queen in right-profile relief wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara on her head. Inscriptions on this face of the coin include “Queen Elizabeth II,” “1 oz 9999 Ag,” “2019,” and “Tuvalu 1 Dollar.”
For the reverse field, this series features five distinctive designs:
- Homer: With this trust Duff bear in hand, Homer stands outside of his favorite watering hold in Springfield, Moe’s Tavern. Homer’s figure and that of his tall frosty mug of Duff are all colorized in this design element.
- Bart: The epitome of a troublemaker, Bart is better at wreaking havoc and pulling off pranks than he ever will be in school. When classes are out or he’s deciding to skip school, you can find Bart at the local Kwik-E-Mart getting a Slurpee or harassing Apu. He is depicted here with full colorization.
- Marge: The matriarch of the family, Marge tries to see the best in Homer and Bart, as well as her other children, but is somewhat of a pessimist. With her trademark green dress and tall blue hair, it’s impossible to miss marge in this colorized design. Marge is depicted in the kitchen of the family home where she whips up meals for the family each day.
- Lisa: The brains of the family, Lisa is wise beyond her years and destined to make a name for the Simpson family in one way or shape or form, no doubt in a more positive manner than her father or brother could ever hope to do. Ever the honor student, Lisa is featured in this design just outside of Springfield Elementary.
- Maggie: The baby of the family and the final release, in more than 30 years on television viewers have yet to hear a word from the mouth of this babe. The only sound anyone ever hears from Maggie, besides the occasional crying, is the sucking of her pacifier. In this colorized design, baby Maggie is napping on the floor of the family room with the colorized depictions of the family pets, Snowball the cat and Santa’s Little Helper the dog.
Other Simpsons-themed Silver Coins
In response to the popularity of the Character Series, the Perth Mint has a number of other silver coins available to collectors. Some are standard bullion coins, while others are beautifully colorized proofs similar to the Character Series. Other options from the Simpsons-themed universe of silver bullion include:
- 2019 1 oz Silver Duff Beer Coin: The Duff Beer release is colorized like the Character Series, but is a distinctive coin in that it takes on the shape of a can of Duff Beer. The entire reverse is colorized to look like the cans of beer from the show and each one has the same details as the Character Series coins. The product is packaged in a clear acrylic case, comes with a Certificate of Authenticity, and features a limited mintage of 5,000 silver coins.
- 2020 1/2 oz Silver Homer Coin: Also issued for the nation of Tuvalu, the 2020 1/2 oz Silver Homer Coin has a new depiction of Homer Simpson that is colorized on the reverse field. This time, Homer is featured outside of his place of employment: Springfield Nuclear Power Plant. The coins in this release are individually sealed inside of presentation cards and come with a mintage of 15,000 coins in total.
- 2020 1 oz Krusty the Clown: The first non-colorized silver bullion coin from the mint, the Krusty the Clown design features the lovable local celebrity clown who entertains the masses on television by day and lives the high life at night once the cameras are off. The Krusty the Clown coins ship individually with protective plastic capsules and are available with a mintage of 25,000 silver coins.
Invest in Simpsons Silver from JM Bullion
All of these silver coins are in-stock now with JM Bullion and ready to join your collection. Each one was produced by the Perth Mint, the oldest operating mint in Australia. If you have any questions, JM Bullion customer service is available to answer those inquiries. Please call us at 800-276-6508, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.