3 oz Silver Bar Options from JM Bullion
The beauty of silver bars as an investment option is variety. When you buy silver bars, you’ll find a variety of designs and weights awaiting you as you shop. 3 oz silver bars are an unusual offering that not every refinery or mint focuses on offering. However, when you shop for 3 oz silver bars, you’ll still find great value and diversity. Explore some of the unique 3 oz silver bars available from JM Bullion.
Commemorative 3 oz Silver Bars
An increasingly popular trend in the production of silver bars is the combination of 1 oz silver bullion coins and 2 oz silver bars into a singular product. These unique, collectible items are offered with limited mintage figures and are issued to celebrate milestones in the mintage of certain silver bullion collections. Each design features a distinct image on the surface of the 2 oz bar, along with an inset depiction of the 1 oz silver bullion coin. Examples of this type of 3 oz silver bar include:
- 2013 3 oz 30th Anniversary Chinese Silver Panda Bar: The Chinese Panda collection continues to grow in popularity, and in 2013 the Chinese Mint celebrated the 30th anniversary of the silver coin’s 1983 debut. The Silver Panda collection originated as proof and proof-like coins, with regular bullion production beginning in 1989. The design of this commemorative 3 oz silver bar includes the obverse side of the Chinese Silver Panda coin along with a bar design of a panda and its cub sitting near a wall of bamboo.
- 2014 3 oz 25th Anniversary Austrian Silver Philharmonic Bar: This 3 oz bar was issued in 2013 to mark the 25th anniversary of the Austrian Philharmonic coin series, which debuted in 1989 with the Gold Philharmonic. The design includes the reverse side of the Austrian Philharmonic coin with its collection of musical instruments, while the bar itself has engravings denoting the 25th anniversary, collection name, and gold gilded instruments and musical notes.
- 2016 3 oz 30th Anniversary American Silver Eagle Bar: This bar was issued in 2016 to commemorate the 1986 debut of the American Silver Eagle, arguably the most popular silver bullion coin in the world. It features the inset obverse of the American Silver Eagle coin with the Walking Liberty design and a bar design with the American flag in the background as a majestic bald eagle soars above the mountain tops.
- 2017 3 oz 35th Anniversary Mexican Silver Libertad Bar: Mexico’s official silver bullion coin, the Silver Libertad, debuted in 1982 and is celebrated on its 35th anniversary with this 3 oz silver bar. The bar’s primary design includes the obverse side of the popular coin inset into the bar with Winged Victory featured, and a background design on the bar that features the desert terrain of rural Mexico.
- 2017 3 oz 50th Anniversary South African Silver Krugerrand Bar: The 2017 issue year for the South African Mint marked the 50th anniversary of its coveted Gold Krugerrand series and the first-ever issue of a South African Silver Krugerrand. The reverse side of the popular Krugerrand is featured on the bar’s primary design with the Springbok antelope, and the bar’s design includes a Springbok antelope in a more natural setting with on the open plains of South Africa.
- 2018 3 oz 30th Anniversary Canadian Silver Maple Leaf Bar: The Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coin is second in demand only to the American Silver Eagle. Issued first in 1988, it became the world’s first .9999 pure silver bullion coin and today is coveted for its purity and beautiful design. This 3 oz silver bar includes the obverse of the coin with Queen Elizabeth II’s effigy and the bar’s design offers a stunning glimpse of the Canadian wilderness complete with a moose near the banks of a mountain lake.
Monarch Precious Metals 3 oz Silver Bars
Monarch Precious Metals is a growing, private refinery in the United States. Opened in 2008 to capitalize on the growing demand for gold and silver amidst the Great Recession, Monarch’s primary approach to the refinement of silver and gold is traditional. All of the gold and silver bars for sale from the refinery are produced with hand-poured, hand-stamped techniques. The refinery produces .999 purity for both silver and gold, with unique and one-of-a-kind designs offered alongside simpler designs. Examples of work from Monarch Precious Metals include:
- 3 oz Monarch Egyptian Relic Silver Bar: Each of the bars offered in the Egyptian Relic collection features ancient hieroglyphs and a shape that makes each 3 oz silver bar appear as though it was chiseled from the sidewall of an ancient tomb.
- 3 oz Monarch Hand-Poured Silver Bar: Monarch’s simplest offering, the hand-poured bars are rectangular in shape and feature the Monarch Precious Metals logo as the primary design elements. Other engravings include only the weight, purity, and metal content of the bar.
Atlantis Mint 3 oz Silver Bars
Similar to Monarch Precious Metals, all of the 3 oz silver bars available from Atlantis Mint are hand-poured and stamped. The bars from Atlantis tend to take all manner of shapes, but one of its common design themes is that of the human skull. The typical Atlantis Mint 3 oz silver bar features simple engravings of the mint name; the bar’s weight, purity, and metal content; and images that include a collection of human skulls.
Buying 3 oz Silver Bars
If you have any questions as you shop the 3 oz silver bars you find available from JM Bullion, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our customer service team is available to you on the phone at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.