The Morgan Silver Dollars from the United States Mint were struck between 1878 and 1904, with one final strike in 1921. In total, five branch mints of the US Mint system struck the coins during this period. Despite that fact, many of the most unique date marks in the series come from one mint: Carson City. Right now, Morgan Silver Dollar 7-Coin Sets from the Carson City Mint with GSA packaging are available to purchase online from JM Bullion.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Arrives with individual GSA plastic holders, boxes, and Certificates of Authenticity!
- 7-coin set includes date marks of 1878 and 1880-1885!
- Includes some of the lowest-minted coins in the series!
- Contains .7734 Troy oz of actual silver content per coin.
- Bears individual face values of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- On the obverse is Liberty.
- The reverse features the heraldic eagle.
- CC mint marks from the Carson City Mint.
- Please note the GSA packaging with these coins could show wear and tear due to age. Additionally, the COA may or may not read UNCIRCULATED.
Each Morgan Silver Dollar 7-Coin Set in this product listing comes to you with individual GSA packaging for the coins. The individual coins are packaged in hard plastic holders from the Government Services Administration. The plastic holder for each coin is housed in its own box with its own Certificate of Authenticity.
Please note that these coins were packaged in these GSA holders in the 1960s and 1970s. As such, it is possible the packaging may show signs of wear and tear or minor damage, but the coins remain in good condition within. Some of the COAs may say UNCIRCULATED, while others may not.
Included in this set are seven date marks from the initial production phase of Morgan Silver Dollars at the Carson City Mint. The mint issued Morgan Dollars annually from 1878 to 1885, and again from 1889 to 1893 before it closed permanently. This set comes with the following date marks included: 1878, 1880, 1881, 1882, 1883, 1884, and 1885. Within this range, the 1885-CC Morgan Dollar had the lowest original mintage at just 228,000 coins in total.
On the obverse of each Morgan Silver Dollar in this 7-Coin Set, you will find a left-profile portrait of Liberty. Designed by George T. Morgan in 1878, this portrait shows Liberty wearing a Phrygian cap, a coronet crown, and a laurel wreath.
The reverse side of the Morgan Silver Dollars comes with another design from George Morgan. This design is his interpretation of the heraldic eagle of the United States. In it, the bald eagle is in front-facing relief with the arrows of war and olive branch of peace in its talons.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. JM Bullion customer service is available at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.