James Earle Frasers Buffalo Nickel design was a popular target for hobo artists looking to add their own touch and lasting impression to American art. Today, this lives on courtesy of designers and engravers such as Spains Mr. The, who created the all-new Hobo Nickel Silver Round series. The 5 oz Antique Skulls and Scrolls Hobo Nickel Silver Round is available through JM Bullion.
- Mintage capped at just 1,000 rounds in total!
- 3rd design feature in the Hobo Nickel Silver Round Series.
- Ships in a plastic capsulewith a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Individual rounds ship in resealable plastic bags.
- Contains 5 troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Obverse features the ghostly skeletal figure of Frasers Native American chieftain.
- Reverse includes a skeletal form of the Walking Hobo.
- Edge lettering denotes the individual serial number of each round.
The Hobo Nickel Silver Round Series launched in early 2016 with the Fisherman design, which most closely emulated the obverse and reverse of Frasers Buffalo Nickel design, in circulation from 1913 to 1938.
On these 5 oz Antique Skulls and Scrolls Hobo Nickel Silver Rounds youll find a ghostly skeletal figure and the walking hobo design. Each has a skeletal form, and includes unique edge lettering that denotes the weight, purity, and metal content of the coin, as well as the individual serial number for each (up to 1,000).
The obverse of each round has a right-profile portrait of a figure whose skeletal form is all that remains. Surrounding the image youll find a Victorian-era scroll design, and engravings that include Liberty and 1936.
On the reverse side of the 5 oz Antique Skulls and Scrolls Hobo Nickel Silver Round is the image of that walking hobo. This time, the hobo is captured in skeletal form along with the engravings of United States of America, E Pluribus Unum, and Five Cents.
Each round available to you today from JM Bullion has an antique finish. Coins and rounds with an antique finish have all the hallmarks of age and circulation (warmth, depth, and subtle beauty), without any of the wear and tear of decades of handling.
If you have any questions about any of our silver rounds, dont hesitate to ask. You can reach a JM Bullion customer service representative at 800-276-6508, connect with us online using our live chat, or email us with your questions.