Of the gods from Norse mythology, Odin and Thor are arguably the most popular. The father-son duo are two of the most powerful gods in Norse mythology, and are rightfully featured as the first and second releases in a brilliant new series if antique silver rounds from the Anonymous Mint and Osborne Precious Metals. Today, the 5 oz Antique Norse God Series Thor Silver Round is available from JM Bullion.
- Ships in a protective plastic capsule with a signed Certificate of Authenticity.
- 2nd release in the 5 oz variant of the Norse God Silver Round.
- Maximum mintage set at 500 rounds for total distribution.
- Contains 5 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Features a brilliant antique finish.
- Obverse depicts Thor as he wields his famous hammer.
- Reverse features the image of a member of the Valkyrie.
- Privately struck in the United States by Anonymous Mint and Osborne Precious Metals.
- Individual rounds ship in resealable plastic bags.
All of the Antique Norse God Series silver rounds feature artwork inspired by Howard David Johnson. His original renderings of the Norse gods Odin, Thor, Hel, Freya, and Loki were transformed into brilliant 3D blanks by Italian master sculptor Luigi Badia. The program was the brainchild of Julie Lindquist at Anonymous Mint.
Thor is the God of Thunder in Norse mythology, wielding his hammer Mjolnir, which hits its target and immediately returns to Thor’s grip. Thor was a large, powerful man with a thick, red beard who was the protector of both the gods and mankind in the face of the onslaught of evil forces.
On the obverse of the 5 oz Antique Norse God Series Thor Silver Round is the enormous image of Thor. He is depicted holding out his hammer in the face of his foes riding on a chariot, which is pulled by the goats Tanngrisnir and Tanngnjostr.
The reverse of these Norse God Series silver rounds features the image of a Valkyrie. The Valkyrie were warrior riders who thundered through the clouds atop their steeds when mankind was engaged in warfare over land and riches. The Valkyrie were chosen by Odin and wore winged hats while they wielded their swords.
Anonymous Mint is a private facility in the United States, and oversees the creation of the Norse God Series of silver rounds. Osborne Precious Metals is America’s oldest private mint, tracing its roots back to 1836.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. JM Bullion has customer service associates available on the phone at 800-276-6508, online using our live web chat, and via our email address.