Australian Lunar Series III coins from Perth Mint come in gold, silver, and platinum options as of the 2020 start of this iteration of the series. The silver and gold coins have distinctly different designs, with the platinum coins boasting the same reverse imagery as the gold coins. Now, 2024 1 oz Australian Silver Lunar Dragon Coins are available to purchase online at JM Bullion.
- Coins arrive in plastic capsules, sealed rolls of 20 coins, or mint-strapped boxes of 100 coins!
- 5th year of release for the Australian Silver Lunar Dragon!
- Limited mintage of only 300,000 coins!
- Sold out at the mint!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure silver in BU condition.
- Issued a face value of $1 (AUD) by Australia.
- The obverse side features a portrait of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- On the reverse field of the coin is the Chinese dragon.
- Micro-engraved security element on the reverse.
- P125 mint mark on the reverse.
- Designed by Ing Ing Jong.
The Chinese dragon continues to inspire contemporary artists in China and around the world. It has found its way into modern art, fashion, and popular culture. Dragon-themed merchandise, including clothing, accessories, and collectibles, remains popular among people of Chinese descent and enthusiasts of Chinese culture.
With the release of the Lunar Series III coins in 2024, Perth Mint features a unique P125 mint mark. In 1899, Perth Mint was opened as the third branch of the Royal Mint in Australia, with the P125 mint mark celebrating its 125th anniversary.
The obverse side of the 2024 1 oz Silver Lunar Dragon features a portrait of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Designed in 2015 by Jody Clark, this portrait is the sixth of the late Queen to grace Australian coins. In this design, she is shown at the age of 89 wearing the George IV State Diadem.
On the reverse field of 2024 Australian Silver Lunar Dragons, Perth Mint offers the latest lunar artwork from Ing Ing Jong. This design shows a Chinese dragon with its coiled body as its head is set in front-facing relief with water flowing from its mouth. In addition to the P125 mint mark, this side also includes a micro-engraved security mark.
These 2024 1 oz Australian Silver Lunar Dragon Coins are available in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. Individual coins are housed in capsules, with multiples of 20 encapsulated coins sealed together in a plastic roll. Multiples of 100 are available in boxes with five rolls per box.
JM Bullion customer service is here to assist you at 800-276-6508. Our team is also available online using our web chat and email address features.