Tiger enthusiasts have good reason to be excited in 2022. After all, it is the Year of the Tiger according to the Chinese zodiac. In keeping with the Chinese Calendar, the Lunar New Year begins on February 1st and concludes on January 21st. In a tradition that goes back several thousand years, the Chinese zodiac includes a calendar with an animal represented for each year. The Tiger is the 3rd in a 12-animal cycle. Right now, 2022 Proof Singapore Silver Year of the Tiger 3-Coin Sets are available to purchase online from JM Bullion.
- Arrives with a presentation box and a serialized Certificate of Authenticity!
- Stunning new set with 1 oz proof coin, 1 oz proof colorized coin, and 1/4 oz proof colorized coin!
- Limited mintage of just 2,000 silver sets!
- Contains two 1 Troy oz coins of .999 pure silver for each, and one coin with 1/4 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Both 1 oz coins bears face values of 5 Dollars backed by Singapore, and the 1/4 oz coin has a face value of 2 Dollars backed by Singapore.
- The obverse field depicts the Singapore coat of arms on each coin.
- On the reverse side of the coins is a tiger.
For many, tigers are symbols of strength and beauty. Originating roughly two million years ago in Africa, these majestic creatures slowly migrated across the jungle and into Asia. Today, their most populous region is India, where some 3000 of these apex predators are said to roam. If youre scanning the 6 different species of tiger that have survived to this day, youll likely immediately recognize the Bengal tiger, which numbers nearly half of all tigers in the wild. While tigers are considered an endangered species, conservationists are doing everything in their power to ensure these magnificent animals will be around for generations to come.
The obverse side of all coins in the 2022 Singapore Silver Year of the Tiger 3-Coin Set have a center display of Singapores coat of arms. On it youll see the motto Majulah Singapura, meaning Onward Singapore. Also, on the edges of the obverse are the words Singapura and Singapore. Inscribed on the right side are several Chinese characters, countered with Thai characters on the left.
For the reverse of each coin in the 2022 Singapore Silver Year of the Tiger Set is a depiction of a tiger. In one coin we see a standard silver image, while the other two feature full-color displays of the tiger. All tigers in this set are seen against the backdrop of Haw Par Villa, an Asian cultural park in Singapore.
Each 2022 Proof Singapore Silver Year of the Tiger 3-Coin Set arrives with a special display box featuring a tiger design on the lid. All three coins are housed inside. Included is a serialized Certificate of Authenticity from the mint.
If you have any questions about silver coins for sale, please feel free to ask JM Bullion. Our customer service team is available at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.