With the release of the new Type 2 Proof American Gold Eagle Coins, the United States Mint has established strict limits on the quantity of the coins that will be produced. This applies, in particular, to the traditional packaging of the Proof Gold Eagles for individual sale. The 1/4 oz gold version of the coin has one of the higher mintages among the four coins, falling behind only the 1/10 oz gold coin. Today, 2021-W 1/4 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Type 2 Coins are available to you online from JM Bullion.
- Available to you inside individual capsules and black presentation boxes with an included Certificate of Authenticity!
- 35th anniversary of the Proof American Gold Eagle!
- Brand-new Type 2 visuals on the reverse!
- Limited mintage of only 3,375 coins!
- Contains 1/4 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- The face value of $10 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- On the obverse is Lady Liberty.
- The reverse features an American bald eagle in left-profile relief.
- Anti-counterfeiting now available with the reeded edge variation.
- Obverse visual elements enhanced to better match the original 1907 design.
- Bears a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
The release of the new Type 2 Proof American Gold Eagle from the United States Mint comes with limited mintages. The US Mint has a strict mintage limit for the traditional packaging of individual Proof Gold Eagles. The mintage cap of 3,375 coins for the 1/4 oz gold coin is the second-highest behind only the 1/10 oz gold coin and its mintage limit of 10,000 gold coins.
All of the 2021-W 1/4 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Type 2s in this product listing comes with traditional US Mint packaging for proof coins. The coins are housed in acrylic capsules and set within a black presentation box. The packaging comes with a Certificate of Authenticity that bears the obverse imagery, while the outer sleeve that holds the black presentation box comes with an artistic depiction of the new Type 2 reverse.
On the obverse of 2021-W Proof American Gold Eagle Coins is the historic image of Lady Liberty. Designed in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, this vision showcases Liberty in front-facing relief. The stars, torch, sun rays, and the U.S. Capitol Building have all been enhanced in the Type 2 release to bring the imagery closer to the original artwork from 1907.
The reverse side of the 2021-W 1/4 oz Proof Gold Eagles features the new bald eagle depiction from Jennie Norris. This vision shows the head of a bald eagle in left-profile relief that captures all the detail of its plumage.
Please feel free to reach out to JM Bullion if you have any questions. Our team is available to assist you with inquiries at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and through our email address.