This American Eagle 1/4 oz Gold Proof coin offers the last release of the original Miley Busiek design. The obverse design features the Augustus Saint-Gaudens full-length figure of Liberty. This American Gold Eagle coin is struck in 22-karat gold and minted at the West Point Mint. Currently, this Early Release of the 2021-W 1/4 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Type 1 coin is available to purchase in near perfect condition from JM Bullion.
- Shipped in its NGC protective plastic slab!
- Last issue of the original design of the 2021 American Eagle 1/4 oz Gold Proof coin series!
- Limited quantities of these near-perfect coins!
- Contains 1/4 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- Has a face value of $10 (USD) fully backed by the US government.
- Given a Grade of PF69 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Includes the UCAM designation.
- The obverse features Walking Liberty.
- The reverse features the last release of the original bald eagle design.
- Includes an Early Release label.
The obverse of the 2021 1/4 oz American Gold Eagle coin features a walking Lady Liberty. This design was created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens and depicts a full-length figure of Lady Liberty walking, her hair flowing, a torch in her extended right hand, and an olive branch in her left hand.
The reverse of the 2021 1/4 oz American Gold Eagle coin features the original design in the series from Miley Busiek. In this design, a male eagle soars over a family nest with a female and young hatchling inside the nest.
The 2021 1/4 oz American Gold Eagle coin earned a PF69 certification from the NGC. This means that they are fully struck coins with a maximum of two minimal flaws. Those flaws are limited in nature to minuscule contact marks or hairlines that must be outside the primary focal points.
In addition, the 2021 1/4 oz American Gold Eagle coin earned two additional labels, enhancing their value. First, the UCAM designation, which means they have been struck with specially polished dies that give the coins a deeply-mirrored finish with clear background fields. Second, the Early Release label. To qualify for the ER label, the coins must have been received by the NGC, or an NGC-approved depository, within the first 30 days of the coins release. Each of these coins bears the W mint mark on the obverse, indicating its striking at the West Point Mint.
Have questions? JM Bullion Customer Service has the answers. We can be reached via phone at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, or via our email address.