The American Gold Eagle showcases its original reverse design for the last time in 2021. As the US Mint prepares to move forward with a new design, the original imagery is released one final time to honor the 35th anniversary. Presently, this Early Release of the 2021-W 1/2 oz Proof American Gold Eagle coin is available with perfect certification to be purchased from JM Bullion.
- Arrives in a protective plastic slab from the NGC!
- Last strike of the original design on the 2021 American Eagle 1/2 oz Gold Proof coin series!
- Limited quantities of these certified perfect coins!
- Contains 1/2 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- Possesses a face value of $10 (USD) fully backed by the United States government.
- Earned a Grade of PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Includes the UCAM designation.
- The obverse features Lady Liberty.
- The reverse features the Miley Busiek image of a family of bald eagles.
- Includes an Early Release label.
- Has W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
In 1981, Congress began petitioning for the return of the American Gold Eagle, and in 1985, Ronald Reagan signed the Gold Bullion Coin Act into law, paving the way for the mint production of this coin to begin again, which it did in 1986.
The 2021-W 1/2 oz Proof American Gold Eagle coin earned a PF70 certification from the NGC. Only a very small percentage of proof coins earn this PF70 certification. It identifies a coin as having no post-production imperfections at 5 times magnification, in short, a perfect coin.
The 2021 1/2 oz American Gold Eagle coin also earned two additional labels, further enhancing its value. First, the UCAM designation, which means the coins have been struck with specially polished dies that give them a deeply-mirrored finish with clear background fields. Second, the Early Release label. To qualify for the ER label, the coins must have been received by the NGC, or an NGC-approved depository, within the first 30 days of the coins release.
These American Gold Eagle coins are struck in 22-karat gold and bear the W mint mark on the obverse, indicating its striking at the West Point Mint.
The obverse of the 2021 1/2 oz American Gold Eagle coin features a walking Lady Liberty. This full-length figure of Lady Liberty walking, her hair flowing, a torch in her extended right hand, and an olive branch in her left hand was created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
The reverse of the 2021 1/2 oz American Gold Eagle coin features an original design from 1986. Miley Busiek created this depiction of a family of bald eagles exclusively for this coin program and it has featured on these coins since the debut year.
Have any questions? The JM Bullion Customer Service team has the answers. We can be reached via phone at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, or via our email address.