If theres a series you wont want to miss out on in 2021 at the United States Mint, it is the American Eagle collection. Specifically, youll want to be sure to get your hands on the new American Silver and American Gold Eagle Coins as new design elements come to the reverse of both coins in mid-2021. Right now, 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Coins are available to purchase online from JM Bullion.
- Arrives inside of a capsule and presentation box with a Certificate of Authenticity!
- 35th anniversary for the Proof American Gold Eagle Series!
- Debut of the new Type 2 reverse design!
- Limited mintage of only 10,000 coins!
- Contains 1/10 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $5 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- The obverse features Liberty.
- On the reverse is an all-new image of the bald eagle.
- New reeded edge feature offers anti-counterfeiting measures.
- Enhanced obverse visuals include better details on the torch, sun rays, stars, and the Capitol building.
- Includes a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
Each of the 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Coins available in this JM Bullion listing comes with beautiful packaging from the mint. The US Mint houses the coins inside of acrylic capsules with a black presentation box. The box arrives inside of a themed shipping sleeve with an artistic rendering of the new reverse visual. The coins come with a Certificate of Authenticity from the US Mint as well.
The United States Mint has a very low mintage cap on each of the new Proof American Gold Eagle Type 2 coins. Each of the 1 oz, 1/2 oz, and 1/4 oz weights in the 2021 Type 2 release have mintage caps below 3,500 coins. The 1/10 oz coin has long been the most popular and that is reflected in its higher mintage cap of 10,000 coins. This mintage cap applies to the 2021 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagle as packaged here in individual boxes. A total of 20,250 1/10 oz coins will be struck to accommodate its release in other versions of the Proof Gold Eagle release, such as the four-coin box set.
The obverse side of 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagle Coins features the historic effigy of Liberty. The front-facing design shows her figure walking toward you with a torch in her right hand to light the way and an olive branch in her left symbolizing peace. The sun rays, stars, torch, and U.S. Capitol Building have been enhanced to showcase a design closer to the original 1907 image from Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
On the reverse field of the 2021-W Proof American Gold Eagle is a new depiction of the American bald eagle. This visual captures the details of the birds face and plumage in exceptional detail.
If you have any questions, JM Bullion will be happy to help. Our team can assist you at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.