The 2021 release of American Gold Eagles will not soon be forgotten by investors and collectors. The coveted gold bullion series not only marked its 35th anniversary in 2021, but it also changed the reverse design element, marking the first overhaul in the history of the series. Now, 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof American Gold Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets are available to you for purchase online at JM Bullion with Type 1 and Type 2 coins in perfect condition.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Coins arrive inside of a protective plastic slab from the PCGS!
- 35th-anniversary coin in the Proof American Gold Eagle Series!
- Features both the Type 1 and Type 2 reverse designs!
- Limited original mintage of only 5,000 coins!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 1/10 Troy oz of actual gold content per coin.
- Issued individual face values of $5 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of PR70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike designation.
- Lady Liberty on the obverse.
- Family of bald eagles on the Type 1 reverse; head of a bald eagle on the Type 2 reverse.
- W mint marks from the West Point Mint.
The 2021 release is the first in the history of the series to feature both a new reverse design element and two different releases in one year. To accommodate the continued demand for American Gold Eagles, the US Mint started the year striking the original reverse design element on the BU and Proof versions of the coin.
During June and July, the mint halted coining for a brief period to switch out dies in its coining presses and then begin striking the new reverse designs. The mint needed time to get coining up and running, as well as build up an initial supply to ship out to authorized dealers. The result was the release of what became known as the Type 2 coin, or the 2021-dated coin with the new reverse design.
Lady Liberty features on the obverse of both coins in the 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof American Gold Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set. This design comes from Augustus Saint-Gaudens and was created in 1907. It originally featured on the $20 Gold Double Eagle until 1933 and has featured on the Gold Eagle since 1986.
Two different designs are found on the reverse of the coins in the 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagle Designer Set. The Type 1 coin bears Miley Busieks original design of a family of bald eagles, while the Type 2 coin has the all-new image of a bald eagle head in left-profile relief as designed by Jennie Norris.
These 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof American Gold Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets are available to purchase in perfect condition. The coins are both housed in PCGS slabs with PR70 grades that indicate full, original mint luster and no flaws. The First Strike designation means the coins were received for grading within 30 days of release by the mint.
JM Bullion customer service is available to assist you with inquiries at 800-276-6508. Our team is also available online through our live chat and email address features.