In 2021, the United States Mint released two versions of the American Gold Eagle coin series. The Type 1 release featured the renowned reverse design by Miley Busiek that’s been used since 1986. In the latter half of 2021, the US Mint released the second version of the coin series with a new reverse design by Jennie Norris. You can now purchase the 2021 American Gold Eagle 4-Coin Set NGC MS70 FR Type 2 online from JM Bullion.
- Each coin arrives in its own protective plastic slab from the NGC!
- 35th year of release for the American Gold Eagle coin series!
- Limited availability of these certified coins!
- Contains 1/10 Troy oz coin, ¼ Troy oz coin, ½ Troy oz coin, and 1 Troy oz coin. All coins contain actual gold content.
- Face values of $5, $10, $25, and $50 all USD and fully backed by the United States Government.
- All four coins are graded Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- First Release Label.
- Obverse of all four coins shows the figure of Lady Liberty.
- Reverse of all four coins features the head of an eagle.
The second version of the 2021 American Gold Eagles features the new reverse design created by Jennie Norris. The first version of this series debuted at the beginning of 2021, but the second version coins were not ready to be released when production initially began. In July 2021, the US Mint had successfully transitioned to releasing the second version.
The 2021 American Gold Eagle 4-Coin Set NGC MS70 FR Type 2 features four coins, each with different weights and values: $5 (1/10 oz), $10 (1/4 oz), $25 (1/2 oz), and $50 (1 oz). All four coins have been graded by the NGC with an MS70 grading, meaning these coins are perfect specimens with no imperfections even when viewed at a 5x magnification.
On the obverse of the 2021 American Gold Eagle 4-Coin Set NGC MS70 FR Type 2 coins, the depiction of Lady Liberty is shown to honor American patriotism. Her full-length figure walks forward toward the viewer while holding a torch in one hand and an olive branch in the other. Her figure is framed by sun rays, and a ring of 50 stars encircles the image of her.
On the reverse of the 2021 American Gold Eagle 4-Coin Set NGC MS70 FR Type 2 coins, Jennie Norris’ new design shows the head of a bald eagle. This left-profile image captures the details of the bird and focuses on its impressive features, including the powerful hook of its beak and its piercing gaze.
If you have any questions about the 2021 American Gold Eagle 4-Coin Set NGC MS70 FR Type 2, please contact JM Bullion. We are available via online live chat or by email, or you can give us a call at 800-276-6508.