The 2021 release of American Silver Eagle Coins at the United States Mint features Type 1 and Type 2 versions of the coin. The first strikes of the 2021 Silver Eagle featured the original design combinations of Walking Liberty and the Heraldic Eagle, known as the Type 1. In mid-2021, Type 2 coins with Walking Liberty on the obverse and the new bald eagle design on the reverse. Now, 2021 1 oz American Silver Eagle Type 2 Coins are available to you for purchase online from JM Bullion in near-perfect condition.
- Coins arrive in protective plastic slabs courtesy of the PCGS!
- 35th-anniversary date in the American Silver Eagle Series!
- Brand-new Type 2 reverse!
- Limited availability of certified coins!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 69 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Comes with a First Strike label.
- Walking Liberty on the obverse.
- American bald eagle on the reverse.
- New anti-counterfeiting reeded edge variation.
- Enhanced obverse field has the AW initials of Adolph A. Weinman as a signature mark from the original design.
The continued demand for 1 oz American Silver Eagles in late 2020 and early 2021 forced the US Mint to maintain continuous coining as it switched from the 2020 date mark to the 2021 date mark. The switch from the heraldic eagle reverse to the new bald eagle reverse requires downtime at the mint to replace the coining dies in its presses.
As a result of the need to meet the demand for the coins with a smooth transition from 2020 to 2021, it was decided to release the first batches of 2021-date coins using the existing designs. With new dies ready, the US Mint could smoothly transition midyear from the original designs to the new design. To differentiate, dealers refer to the original designs on 2021 coins as the Type 1 release, while the new design on 2021 coins is known as the Type 2.
Walking Liberty continues to grace the obverse of 2021 American Silver Eagle Type 2 Coins. Created by Adolph A. Weinman, this iconic design is now closer to the original 1916 image from Weinman with the inclusion of his AW signature mark in the obverse field of Type 2 coins.
An American bald eagle now features in mid-flight on the reverse side of 2021 1 oz Silver Eagle Type 2 Coins. The bald eagle flexes its powerful wings as its sharp talons grasp an oak branch, a symbol of strength and durability.
These 2021 1 oz American Silver Eagle Coins are available to you in near-perfect condition. Coins with a Mint State 69 grade showcase full, original mint luster and no more than two detracting flaws. These minor flaws are limited in nature to minuscule contact marks or hairlines and limited in scope to the areas outside of the primary focal fields. First Strike coins are those received for grading within 30 days of the original release.
JM Bullion customer service is available at 800-276-6508. We are also available online through our live chat and email address features.