The American Gold Eagle is the best-selling gold coin from the United States Mint. Available annually in BU, Proof, and Burnished versions, the 2021 release of these coins is a truly special one. In addition to marking the 35th anniversary of the series, it also marks the start of a new era with a refreshed reverse design element. Now, certified-perfect 2021 1/2 oz American Gold Eagle Type 2 Coins are available to you for purchase online from JM Bullion.
- Coin arrives in a protective plastic slab courtesy of the NGC!
- 35th-anniversary coin in the American Gold Eagle Series!
- Brand-new reverse design!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 1/2 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- Issued a face value of $25 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Early Release designation.
- Lady Liberty on the obverse.
- An American bald eagle head on the reverse.
- Improved obverse details better match the original 1907 artwork.
- New reeded edge variation offers anti-counterfeiting security to the coins.
In 2019, the United States Mint announced its plans to replace the existing reverse design on both the American Gold Eagle and American Silver Eagle for the 2021 date mark. This plan was enacted to mark the 35th anniversary of the series by charting a new course forward for the collection.
Throughout 2020, the US Mint and a citizen committee compared more than 30 possible designs for the reverse of the Gold Eagle. In the end, a design from Jennie Norris was chosen as the new face of the American Gold Eagle Series. Ms. Norris submitted her design as a member of the Artistic Infusion Program at the US Mint.
Lady Liberty features on the obverse of 2021 1/2 oz American Gold Eagle Type 2 Coins. This historic design was created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens. In this image, Libertys full-length figure is shown walking toward the viewer holding up a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left.
A new American bald eagle depiction is found on the reverse of 2021 American Gold Eagle Type 2 Coins. This design from Ms. Norris shows the head of a bald eagle in left-profile relief with impressive levels of detail in the birds physical features.
These 2021 1/2 oz American Gold Eagle Type 2 Coins are perfect specimens. Coins in Mint State 70 condition showcase full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws. Early Release coins are those received for grading by the NGC within 30 days of the original release date.
JM Bullion customer service is available to you at 800-276-6508. We are also available to you online through our live chat and email address features.