In 2020, the United States Mint issued a series of commemorative gold and silver bullion coins to honor the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. The series of coins offered domed fields with shared designs. One coin that stood out in the release was the colorized silver coin. Right now, 2020-P $1 Colorized Basketball HOF Silver Coins in perfect condition are available to purchase online at JM Bullion.
- Arrives inside protective plastic slabs from the PCGS!
- Celebratory Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame coin!
- Limited original mintage of only 75,000 coins!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains .8594 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- DCAM designations.
- First Day of Issue coins.
- Basketball players on the concave obverse.
- A basketball heads toward the rim on the convex, domed reverse.
- P mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
Each 2020-P $1 Colorized Basketball HOF Silver Coin available here comes in perfect condition. PR70 coins exhibit full, original mint luster and come with no detracting flaws of any kind. The coins in this listing come with two additional designations. These include deep-cameo and First Day of Issue.
The DCAM designation is for proof coins only and indicates that the coins have impressive contrast between the strong, frosted designs and deeply-mirrored, clear fields. The First Day of Issue designation identifies a coin that was received by the PCGS for grading within 24 hours of release from the US Mint.
A group of basketball players features on the obverse of 2020-P Colorized Basketball HOF Silver Coins. The design shows players jostling for position to rebound the ball as it comes down. The concave field of the coin features a net background design element to complete the feel of the design.
A basketball is dropping toward the rim in the reverse design of 2020-P $1 Colorized Basketball HOF Silver Coins. This side of the coin has subtle colorization added to the coin. The rim has its traditional red-orange colorization, while the net attached to the rim is a bright white.
The coins in this release celebrate the 60th anniversary of the founding of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. The hall of fame was named for Dr. James Naismith, a Canadian-American physician who wrote the first rule book for the sport and founded the University of Kansas basketball program.
If you have any questions, JM Bullion is here to help. You can call us at 800-276-6508, chat with us live online, or email us directly.