The Gold Krugerrand is perhaps the one coin that needs no introduction to investors. Available since 1967, this beautiful gold coin is often referred to solely as the Krugerrand or Gold Krugerrand and investors know exactly which nation it comes from. Right now, 2020 1 oz South African Gold Krugerrands are available to purchase online from JM Bullion.
- Arrives inside of individual flips or tubes of 10 coins!
- 54th release of 1 oz South African Gold Krugerrands!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of actual gold content in BU condition.
- An effigy of Paul Kruger is featured on the obverse.
- The Springbok antelope is depicted on the reverse.
Each 2020 1 oz South African Gold Krugerrand Coin in this product listing comes to you with an individual protective plastic flip or a tube of 10 coins. Each of the individual coins is in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
The Gold Krugerrand was introduced in July 1967 solely to promote South African gold as a form of private investment. For 12 years, the Gold Krugerrand was the only gold bullion coin available for private investors to purchase. By 1980, its grip on the market was so tight that it accounted for 90% of gold bullion in the market.
The 19th-century effigy of Paul Kruger is featured on the obverse of all 2020 South African Gold Krugerrand Coins. This left-profile portrait of the first President of the South African Republic was originally created in 1892 for use on South African Pound denominations and adapted to the Krugerrand by Otto Schultz.
The national emblem of modern South Africa, the Springbok antelope, is depicted on the reverse face of 2020 1 oz South African Gold Krugerrands. This right-profile image shows the elegant creature in motion in its native habitat across southern Africa. This design was created in 1967 for the series by Coert Steynberg.
South African Gold Krugerrands are produced using a gold-copper alloy to create a more durable coin than pure gold allows. Krugerrands feature 22-karat gold content, or 91.67% gold, with the remaining 8.33% of the content consisting of copper.
All Gold Krugerrands are produced by the South African Mint and Rand Refinery. The mint is a government-owned corporation that produces circulation Rand denominations for the country and the Krugerrands.
If you have questions, JM Bullion customer service can help. Please call us at 800-276-6508, chat with us live online, or email us directly.