2019 marks the 100th anniversary of the American Legion, an organization created in 1919 for US War veterans. Today, the American Legions national headquarters is in Indianapolis, Indiana, but this veterans organization was founded much farther away and rooted in the efforts of US soldiers in World War I. right now, 2019-P $1 American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Coins are available to purchase online from JM Bullion.
- Arrives inside of a capsule and black US Mint box with a Certificate of Authenticity included!
- 100th-anniversary issue for the American Legion!
- Limited mintage of 400,000 coins across all silver products!
- Contains 26.730 Grams (.8594 Troy oz) of .999 pure silver in BU condition.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- On the obverse is the image of the American Legion emblem.
- The reverse face includes the flags of the United States and the American Legion, along with a fleur de lis.
- Features a P mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
Each of these 2019-P $1 American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Coins is available to purchase in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. The coins are housed in special presentation packaging that includes a plastic capsule around the coin, a velvet-lined US Mint box, and a Certificate of Authenticity from the US Mint.
The American Legion was founded in Paris, France, on March 15, 1919. The organization was founded in the American Club in Place de la Concorde in Paris by soldiers attached to the American Expeditionary Forces tasked with occupying Europe as the continent rebuilt following the devastation of World War I.
On the obverse of 2019-P $1 American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Coins is the image of American Legions emblem, which includes a five-pointed star with US in the center of the star and the words American Legion on the badge around it. The emblem is flanked by oak leaves and a lily, the latter of which reflects the organizations founding in France.
The reverse face of 2019-P American Legion 100th Anniversary Silver Coins includes two crossed flags. These include the flag of the United States of America and the American Legion. A fleur de lis above the flags marks the groups founding in France and includes inscriptions of the date marks of founding (1919) and the 100th anniversary (2019).
The American Legion serves as a gathering place for US veterans and stands on four pillars of service to Americas war veterans: Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation, National Security, Americanism, and Children and Youth.
If you have any questions about these coins, please feel free to contact JM Bullion. Our customer service team is available at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.