In 2019, the United States Mint marked one of the most important anniversaries in national history with the release of domed silver and gold coins for sale. These coins honored the 50th anniversary of the incredible achievement of NASAs Apollo 11 flight crew. Right now, certified-perfect 2019 $5 Proof American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Gold Coins are available to purchase online at JM Bullion.
- Arrives in protective plastic slabs from the PCGS or the NGC!
- Honors the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11!
- Proof version of the coins!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains .2419 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $5 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PR70/PF70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Concave obverse captures the image of an astronaut bootprint on the Moon.
- Convex, domed reverse shows a reflection of Neil Armstrong and the American flag in Buzz Aldrins helmet.
- W mint marks from the West Point Mint.
- Please bear in mind that these coins may arrive with matching grades and labels when you buy more than one.
Each 2019 $5 Proof American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Gold Coin is available to you for purchase today in perfect condition. The coins are housed in plastic slabs and exhibit full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws present on the coins. These coins are offered to you with the random possibility of various labels.
JM Bullion cannot guarantee the grading house label or other additional label designs for the coin you receive. Each one is chosen at random after your payment has cleared. If you buy more than one, you may receive coins with matching grades and labels.
The Apollo 11 mission was NASAs culmination of a decade of work to send humans to the Moon and return them safely to the Earth. This achievement allowed the United States to effectively claim victory in the technological race at the heart of the Cold War between the United States of America and the Soviet Union.
In the concave obverse design of the 2019 Proof American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Gold Coin, the US Mint features a design that captures the texture of the Moons surface with the footprint of an astronaut stamped into its surface.
For the convex reverse side of 2019 $5 Proof American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Gold Coins, the mint offers a domed surface framed by the image of Buzz Aldrins helmet. Based on a historic photograph that captures the reflection of Neil Armstrong, the lunar lander, and the American flag in the visor worn by Aldrin.
If you have any questions about these coins, please feel free to ask. JM Bullion customer service is available to you at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.