The 2019 commemorative silver release from the United States Mint included a silver coin for sale honoring the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11. One of the options available in the series was a 5 oz proof coin with beautiful raised reverse fields and sunken obverse fields. While the originals are long gone from the US Mint and authorized dealers, you can still find certified versions. Now, certified perfect 2019 5 oz Proof American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Coins are available to you for purchase online from JM Bullion.
- Coins arrive in PCGS or NGC protective plastic slabs!
- Commemorative 50th anniversary Apollo 11 issues!
- Limited original issue of only 100,000 coins!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 5 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of PR70/PF70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service or the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- A sunken obverse depicts the footprint from an astronaut boot on the lunar surface.
- The raised reverse captures the reflection of Neil Armstrong in the visor of Buzz Aldrin.
- Comes with a P mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
- Please note you could get coins with matching additional labels when you buy more than one.
In July 1969, NASA achieved a decade-long goal by sending humans to another celestial body for the first time in history. The Apollo 11 mission was the culmination of a lot of effort, several failures, and advancements in technology. The eight-day mission lifted off from Merrick Island, Florida, on July 16, 1969.
By July 20, 1969, the Eagle lunar lander touched down on the surface of the Moon. Mission Commander Neil Armstrong and lunar module pilot Buzz Aldrin touched down in the module and eventually became the first two humans to ever set foot on the surface of another celestial body.
A sunken obverse design field features on the 2019 5 oz Proof American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Coin. This design field shows a dusty, rocky lunar surface with the footprint from an astronauts suit on the surface of the moon. There are inscriptions of the names of the previous NASA missions in the 1960s, four phases of the Moon, and a date mark on this face.
The raised reverse field of the 2019 Proof American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Coin depicts the image of Neil Armstrong. His appearance alongside the Eagle lunar lander is reflected in the visor of Buzz Aldrin in this design element.
These 2019 5 oz Proof American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Coins are available to you in perfect condition. Coins with a PR70/PF70 grade showcase full, original mint luster and have no detracting flaws. Please note that additional labels are possible and that we cannot guarantee whether the PCGS or NGC issued these grades and labels to the coin you receive. All items are chosen at random once your payment clears.
JM Bullion customer service is available at 800-276-6508. We can also assist you on the web using our live chat and email address features.