The United States Mint marked the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11’s achievement in 2019 with the release of stunning domed silver and gold coins. The coins across the series, proof and BU alike, featured the same design elements. Limited in mintage and popular with collectors, the coins sold quickly. JM Bullion has 2019 5 oz Proof American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Coins in near-perfect condition for purchase online.
- Arrives inside of a PCGS or NGC protective plastic slab!
- Commemorative 50th-anniversary Apollo 11 coins!
- Limited availability of certified coins!
- Contains 5 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Bears a face value of $5 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PR69 or PF69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Astronaut footprint featured on the obverse field of the coin.
- Reflected image of Neil Armstrong and the Eagle lander in Buzz Aldrin’s helmet.
- “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
- Please note you may receive coins with the same labels when buying multiples.
Each 2019 5 oz Proof American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Coin listed here comes in near-perfect condition. Proof coins with a PR69 or PF69 grade exhibit full, original mint luster and feature no more than two minor detracting flaws. Examples of these flaws include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines and those flaws must be located outside of the primary focal points of the coin.
It is possible that the coins in this listing could come with additional labels, such as DCAM/UCAM and ER/FS. The DCAM/UCAM label is reserved for proof coins and references the strong, frosted designs and deeply-mirrored, clear fields. The ER/FS label means the coins were received within 30 days of the initial release from the US Mint.
JM Bullion offers these coins to you at random. Once your payment has cleared, we will select your coins based on availability in our stock at that point in time. While we guarantee the design and grade of the coins are all the same, we cannot guarantee whether the grade was issued by the PCGS or NGC. We are similarly unable to guarantee in advance if you receive a coin with or without some of the additional labels. If you buy multiples, please note it is possible to get coins with matching labels.
In the sunken obverse design field, you will find a depiction of an astronaut’s boot print on the lunar surface. The reverse design field is raised, or curved, and features the replicated image of a famous photograph taken on the Moon that captures the reflection of Neil Armstrong and the Eagle lunar lander in the visor of Buzz Aldrin’s helmet.
If you have any questions, we encourage you to ask. Our team is available at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.