In 2017, the United States Mint introduced a new vision of Liberty for its commemorative gold coins in honor of the 225th anniversary of the nation’s sovereign mint. For the first time in American history, Liberty took on the look of an African-American woman. In 2018, a 1/10 oz gold version of that design. Right now, 2018-W 1/10 oz Proof American Gold Liberty Coins in near-perfect condition are available to purchase online from JM Bullion.
- Arrives in a protective plastic slab from the PCGS or the NGC!
- 2nd issue of the American Gold Liberty coins!
- Beautiful new rendition of Liberty!
- Limited availability of certified coins!
- Contains 1/10 Troy oz of .9999 pure gold.
- Bears a face value of $5 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF69 or PR69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Obverse features Liberty.
- Reverse depicts an American bald eagle.
- W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
- Please keep in mind it is possible to receive coins with matching label designs, label colors, and/or grading houses when you buy more than one.
Each of the 2018-W 1/10 oz Proof American Gold Liberty Coins available in this JM Bullion listing comes with a near-perfect certification. Coins in PF69 or PR69 condition exhibit full, original mint luster and have a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Examples of these detractions include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines that must be located outside of the primary focal points of the coin.
Please keep in mind that JM Bullion selects your coins at random in this listing. While all coins share the same design and have near-perfect grades, the coloration and design of the label in each slab could vary, as well as the specific grading house. We do not guarantee a specific item in advance. If you buy more than one, you could get coins with matching labels and grading houses.
With the release of the new American Gold Liberty design in 2017, the United States Mint envisioned Liberty as a figure more reflective of the cultural and ethnic diversity of the American populace. This design would go on to feature on a handful of issues from the mint, including these 1/10 oz gold coins.
Obverse design elements on the 2018-W Proof American Gold Liberty Coin include a left-profile portrait of Liberty. This depiction of Liberty as an African-American woman captures her figure with a crown of stars on her head.
Reverse design features of the 2018-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold Liberty Coin showcase an American bald eagle. The eagle is a long-standing emblem of the nation that was adopted by the Founding Fathers in 1792 as the official seal of the government.
If you have any questions about these gold coins for sale, please feel free to ask. JM Bullion customer service is available to assist you at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.