The primary gold for sale from the Chinese Mint is the Chinese Gold Panda coin. Introduced in 1982, the coin collection originally featured 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz coins. In 1983, the Chinese Mint introduced a 1/20 oz coin in the series. As of 2016, all Chinese Gold Panda coins have weights measured in Grams rather than Troy oz. Today, the 2018 8 Gram Chinese Gold Panda Coin is available to you online from JM Bullion in perfect condition.
- Available to you inside of the PCGS protective plastic slab!
- 36th available year for the Chinese Gold Panda coin!
- Limited availability of certified coins in perfect condition!
- Contains 8 Grams (.2572 Troy oz) of .999 pure gold.
- The face value of ¥100 (Yuan) is fully backed by the People’s Republic of China.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- On the obverse side of the coins is a depiction of the Temple of Heaven.
- The reverse includes the latest design of the Giant Panda in the series.
- Coins come with varied labels.
- Please note that purchasing multiples could result in receiving several coins with the same labels included.
Chinese Gold Panda coins, and their silver counterparts, became the first major bullion coins in the world to measure in Grams when the Chinese Mint shifted the coins away from Troy ounces in 2016. The shift did not result in any change to the metal purity of the coins or their face value, but there were slight changes in size and actual weight. The 8 Gram Gold Panda replaced the 1/4 Troy oz coin. As a result, the weight actually increased from 7.7758 Grams in the 1/4 oz version and the diameter increased from 21.95 MM to 22 MM even.
All 2018 8 Gram Chinese Gold Panda Coins available to you here today earned perfect certifications from the PCGS. Coins with an MS70 certification have full, original mint luster and lack any kind of detracting flaws on the design elements and surface areas of the coins.
JM Bullion offers these coins to you today in a varied label listing. Every coin available here is guaranteed to feature the 2018 date mark, weigh 8 Grams of .999 pure gold, and have a perfect certification from the PCGS. However, we cannot guarantee the included label from the PCGS. You could receive a First Strike coin, indicating the coins were received for certification with 30 days of their original release. You may also receive a different label.
On the obverse of 2018 8 Gram Chinese Gold Panda Coins is the image of the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests, the central building in the Temple of Heaven complex. The reverse of 2018 8 Gram Gold Panda coins offers a close-up look at an adult Giant Panda.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to JM Bullion with questions. You can call us at 800-276-6508, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.