It’s hard to find a silver coin in the world more popular than the American Silver Eagle. The nation’s official bullion coin program celebrated 30 years in 2016, with the Silver Eagle available as always in bullion, proof, and burnished versions. Right now, the 2016-W 1 oz Proof American Silver Eagle Coin is available to purchase online from JM Bullion with perfect certification.
- Arrives in a protective plastic capsule from the NGC.
- 30th anniversary celebration of the American Silver Eagle.
- Brilliant edge lettering for the first time ever!
- Limited availability of certified coins!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Designated a UCAM specimen.
- Obverse features the Walking Liberty design.
- Reverse bears the heraldic eagle of the US.
- Features the “W” mint mark of the West Point Mint.
Each 2016 Proof American Silver Eagle coin listed here is a perfect specimen. The NGC has issued each a PF70 grade, indicating the presence of its full, original mint luster. Additionally, there are no detracting flaws anywhere on the coin’s surface areas.
The UCAM designation of these Proof Silver Eagles means that each one has unique visual brilliance. An ultra-cameo coin has strong, frosted matte features on the design set of the coin, with deeply-mirrored, clear background fields.
On the obverse of all 2016 Proof American Silver Eagle coins you’ll find Adolph A. Weinman’s Walking Liberty design. Created in 1916 for the nation’s half-dollar coin, the Walking Liberty design has been in use, unchanged, since 1986 on the American Silver Eagle coin series.
The reverse of all Proof American Silver Eagle coins features the heraldic eagle of the US. This design centers on the bald eagle sitting behind the nation’s heraldic shield, clutching the arrows of war in one talon and the olive branch of peace in the other. Then-US Mint Chief Engraver John Mercanti created this design in 1986 as a refinement on the classic heraldic eagle imagery.
All American Silver Eagle coins are produced by the United States Mint. While bullion coins can be struck at either the West Point or San Francisco Mint, these Proof Silver Eagles are exclusively produced at the West Point Mint. This is indicated by the “W” mark on the reverse field of the coin near the eagle’s nest.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact JM Bullion. Our customer service team is available to you on the phone at 800-276-6508, online using our live web chat feature, or via our email address.