The America the Beautiful Series of silver coins for sale from the United States Mint includes a unique design to represent each of the 50 states, five territories, and federal district of the country. The chosen sites are often national parks, protected lands, or historical markers. Today, 2016-P 5 oz Burnished ATB Fort Moultrie Silver Coins are available to you online from JM Bullion.
- Coins arrive inside of protective US Mint boxes and come with a Certificate of Authenticity!
- 35th release of the ATB Series and the 5th coin in 2016!
- Limited mintage of burnished silver coins!
- Contains 5 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- The face value of $.25 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- On the obverse is the image of George Washington.
- The reverse includes William Jasper raising the regimental flag over Fort Moultrie.
- Issued for South Carolina in the ATB Series.
- Features a “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
The Burnished ATB Silver Coins from the United States Mint are vapor blasted before coining for a matte finish to the coin’s visual appearance. This contrasts with the shinier finish on the silver bullion versions of the coin. Another contrast between the two is the presence of a “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint on the burnished coins. The bullion coins have no mint mark from the West Point Mint.
All 2016-P 5 oz Burnished ATB Fort Moultrie Silver Coins in this product listing come with an original US Mint box that includes a Certificate of Authenticity. The burnished coins are aimed at collectors and have a much lower mintage figure.
On the reverse of 2016 Burnished ATB Fort Moultrie Silver Coins is the image of William Jasper as he replaces the regimental flag of the 2nd South Carolina Regiment above the ramparts at Fort Moultrie. Located at Sullivan’s Island, South Carolina, the fort was built to protect the city of Charleston.
Fort Moultrie is unique in that it was built from logs of the ubiquitous palmetto trees of South Carolina. During a British bombardment of the fortifications in June 1776, the cannonballs from the British warships reportedly bounced off the soft, flexible logs of palmetto the structure was built with.
The obverse of 2016-P 5 oz Burnished ATB Fort Moultrie Silver Coins includes the effigy of George Washington. This left-profile portrait of Washington was created in 1932 by John Flanagan for use on the circulation quarter and remains there to this day.
Please feel free to reach out to JM Bullion with your questions. Our customer service team is available to you at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.