The precious metals industry has gotten mythological over the course of the past year, with a handful of mints turning to the gods of bygone eras for inspiration on the surface of proof coinage. One of the more exciting options is the 9-coin series of Silver Norse God Coins from the BH Mayer Mint. Today, the 2016 2 oz Cook Islands Silver Norse God Loki Proof Coin is available from JM Bullion.
- Total coinage limited to just 1,000 specimens for global distribution!
- 6th release of Norse God Series!
- Ships in a commemorative box with a wooden, themed display case.
- Includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Contains 2 troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Face value of 10 Dollars is considered legal tender in the Cook Islands.
- Reverse bears the image of the Loki, god of fire and evil.
- Obverse features the right-profile portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Each coin struck in stunning ultra-high relief.
Loki is one of the most well-known and reviled characters from Norse mythology. In the recent Thor feature films, Loki is depicted as a being of pure evil with no good intentions in his being. Loki belongs to a group of mean gods in Norse mythology, and is known as the god of fire and evil. Though the other gods are accepting of him, he is constantly scheming against them.
In the unique design on the 2016 2 oz Cook Islands Silver Norse God Loki Proof Coin, the features of the image include many of the animals that Loki was known to transform into. He had the one-of-a-kind power in Norse mythology to change his appearance to anything he wanted, such as a horse, eagle, fish, or even a fly. Each of these characters are included in the background design.
On the reverse face of the coin you’ll find the image of Loki in the foreground, wearing a horrifying mask with tall horns. In the background, you’ll notice many of the animals he was believed to change into on a regular basis.
The obverse of the 2016 2 oz Cook Islands Silver Norse God Loki Proof coin features the now-familiar portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. Created in 1998 by Ian Rank-Broadley, this is the fourth-generation image of Her Majesty since she ascended to the crown in 1952.
These coins are a product of the BH Mayer Mint in Germany. Founded in 1871, it is privately-owned and operated under fifth-generation management by the same family.
If you have any questions about the Silver Norse Gods Proof Coins, please contact JM Bullion at 800-276-6508, chat with us live online, or email us.