The four-leaf clover is a rare variation on the naturally occurring three-leaf clover. In folklore, predominantly that of the Irish, the four-leaf clover is considered lucky. The Royal Canadian Mint wants to pass on that luck with a special Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coin featuring a four-leaf clover privy mark. The 2016 Four Leaf Clover Privy Canadian Silver Maple Leaf is available in reverse proof right now from JM Bullion.
- Limited overall mintage of just 50,000 coins!
- Ships to you in a protective plastic slab courtesy of the NGC.
- Contains 1 troy oz of .9999 pure silver.
- Issued a face value of $5 (CAD) by the Canadian government.
- Bears a grade of PF69 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Designated an Early Release coin.
- Available as a reverse proof specimen.
- Features the iconic Sugar Maple Leaf design and Four-Leaf Clover Privy on the reverse.
- Queen Elizabeth II’s portrait on the obverse.
Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins are produced annually by the Royal Canadian Mint as the official silver bullion coin of the nation. Each year, the RCM also releases special privy-marked coins in the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf series.
The four-leaf clover is often viewed as luck in its own right, but in reality there is a different meaning for each of the four leaves of the clover. Tradition states that the first leaf is for faith, the second for hope, the third for love, and the fourth is for luck, hence the belief in four-leaf clovers being lucky.
Each 2016 Four Leaf Clover Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coin in this listing is considered near perfect by the NGC. Coins with a PF69 grade have full, original mint luster and a maximum of two minor detracting flaws.
Reverse proof coins feature a strong, frosted finish to the background field and a deeply-mirrored, clear finish on the design sets. In this way, a reverse proof is opposite of the visual appearance of a standard proof coin.
On the reverse of each coin you’ll find the iconic sugar maple leaf design from the RCM, with a small four-leaf clover privy in the lower-left field. The obverse side of the coin features the 2003 depiction of Queen Elizabeth II created by Susanna Blunt and featured on all Canadian coinage.
If you have any questions about this coin, please feel free to contact JM Bullion at 800-276-6508. You can also connect with us online using our live web chat or email features.