The American Silver Eagle is the most recognizable coin in the world. Investors and collectors covet these coins for their iconic design, as well as the inherent value of the precious metal in the coin. Today, you can purchase a 2015-W American Silver Eagle coin from JM Bullion.
- A perfect PF70 grade from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation, which is the highest grade awarded to a modern proof coin.
- Earned the NGC’s UCAM designation for brilliant contrast in its design.
- Contains 1 troy ounce of .999 pure silver.
- $1 face value backed by the federal government of the United States.
- “W” mint mark identifying the coin as a product of the West Point Mint.
- Ships in its original NGC PF70 UCAM slabs, complete with NGC label and tamper-evident packaging to protect the coin and verify its authenticity.
Each of the coins in this product listing is a perfectly struck proof coin that has been identified with the ultra-cameo, or UCAM, designation. A UCAM proof coin features a strong, frosted finish on the design set which overlays a background field that is deeply mirrored and clear. The difference in the two fields creates a stark contrast that helps the coin’s design standout on the surface and catch the eye.
Adolph A. Weinman’s iconic Walking Liberty design, first used in 1916, was resurrected for use on the American Silver Eagle coin. Weinman’s depiction of Lady Liberty is featured on the obverse side of each coin, along with the word “Liberty,” the phrase “In God We Trust,” and the year of minting.
The reverse side of the American Silver Eagle was designed by John Mercanti, a chief engraver at the US Mint. His design features the heraldic eagle clutching arrows in one talon and an olive branch in the other. Above its head are 13 stars, representing the original American colonies. The weight, purity, metal content, and face value of the coin are included on this side.
The United States Mint uses three of its four coining facilities to create American Silver Eagles, but these stunning proof coins were all struck at the West Point Mint. If you have any questions for JM Bullion about these coins, you can reach our associates in one of three ways. We’re available on the phone at 800-276-6508, online using our live web chat, and via email.