One of the most important federal acts of the 19th century was the Homestead Act. Passed in 1862 and signed into law by President Abraham Lincoln, the Homestead Act encouraged Americans to move westward from the original region of the 13 colonies to begin settling the Midwest and West in droves. Right now, 2015-P 5 oz Burnished ATB Homestead Silver Coins are available to purchase online from JM Bullion.
- Coins arrive inside their original US Mint boxes and include a Certificate of Authenticity!
- 26th coin in the ATB Series and the 1st design release in 2015!
- Limited mintage of burnished silver coins!
- Contains 5 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Bears a face value of $.25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Obverse features the image of George Washington.
- Reverse includes a log cabin, ears of corn, and a water pump in the design.
- Honors Nebraska in the ATB Series.
- Issued a P mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
Each of the 2015-P 5 oz Burnished ATB Homestead Silver Coins in this product listing comes to you with its original US Mint box to house the coin. Also included with your purchase is a Certificate of Authenticity from the United States Mint.
The Burnished ATB Silver Coins in the series have lower mintage figures than their silver bullion counterparts and also have a mint mark. The bullion coins are struck at the West Point Mint with no mint mark, but these Burnished ATB Silver Coins have a P mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
In the 19th century, there were several homestead acts passed by the government to encourage the movement of the population and settlement of more lands. All homestead acts provided government land or public domain to applicants free of charge, with the only caveat being that the new owners had to alter the land by building on it.
On the reverse side of 2015-P 5 oz Burnished ATB Homestead Silver Coins is the image of a simple log cabin. This cabin is surrounded by images of two ears of corn and a water pump, with the three images combining to reflect the necessities of life on a homestead: shelter, food, and water.
The obverse of all 2015 Burnished ATB Homestead Silver Coins features the bust of President George Washington. The design is the same as the one that features on the circulation quarter, but was modernized slightly for use in the ATB Series.
If you have any questions about these silver coins, please dont hesitate to contact JM Bullion. Our customer service team is available at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.