The koala is one of the most beloved creatures in the world. A native species unique to the Australian continent, the koala has made its way into the hearts and minds of millions around the globe. Its image is featured annually on the 2015 1 oz Australian Silver Koala coin, now available from JM Bullion in brilliant uncirculated condition.
- Part of the popular Perth Mint Koala series.
- New design featured every year adding to collectability.
- Contains 1 troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Protect your new investment with a 40.6mm Air-Tite Coin Tube.
- $1 AUD face value fully backed by the Australian government.
- Minted to order, but typically a low mintage of under 500,000 coins per release. See exact annual figures here.
- Ships in a protective plastic capsule.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRA. To view mintage information for the Perth Silver Koala Coins, view the Perth Mint Mintage page.
Australian Silver Koala coins were introduced by the Perth Mint back in 2007, and these coins have quickly risen to global prominence among investors and collectors. The Silver Koala features a new image on the reverse side of each coin. Each year the image changes, but the motif remains focused on the nations beloved koala. Often called a koala bear, the animal is actually a marsupial like the kangaroo and wallaby.
On the reverse side of each coin is the latest depiction of the koala, which features the marsupial sitting in the crook of a tree. With its gaze fixed on a distant object, the grasslands of the Outback are visible in the background and the koalas fur is featured with an incredible level of detail. Engravings on this side include Australian Koala, and the year of minting, weight, purity, and metal content of the coin.
The obverse side features Ian Rank-Broadleys image of Queen Elizabeth II. Created in right-profile relief, the Queens portrait is surrounded by the engravings Elizabeth II, Australia, and the face value of the coin.
Although it is not the official mint of the central government in Australia, the Perth Mint is authorized to produce legal tender for the nation of Australia. The mint is a state-owned entity of the state of Western Australia. It is widely regarded as one of the worlds finest facilities.
If you have any questions about the Australian Silver Koala coin, a JM Bullion associate is eager to help you. We can be reached on the phone at 800-276-6508, using the live web chat feature on our website, or via email.