Introduced in 2006, the American Gold Buffalo Coin debuted as the first-ever, annual-release .9999 pure gold coin from the United States Mint. The coins honor the designs of the historic Buffalo Nickel from 1913. In 2013, the US Mint celebrated the centennial of its source of inspiration with a distinctive reverse-proof coin. Today, certified 2013-W 1 oz Reverse Proof American Gold Buffalo Coins are available to you online at JM Bullion.
- Available to you inside PCGS or NGC protective plastic slabs!
- Special centennial design honors the Buffalo Nickel!
- Limited original mintage of only 47,836 coins!
- Limited availability of certified near-perfect coins!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure gold.
- The face value of $50 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PF69 or PR69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is a stoic indigenous figure.
- The reverse depicts an American bison.
- Bears a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
- Please note you may receive coins with random, varied labels or matching labels when you purchase more than one.
The American Gold Buffalo is the first 24-karat gold coin the US Mint has ever issued in its history. Gold Buffalos feature a design based on the 1913 Buffalo Nickel, one of America’s most beloved historic coins. In 2013, the US Mint honored the centennial of the latter coin by issuing an American Gold Buffalo in 2013 with a reverse-proof strike.
All of these 2013-W 1 oz Reverse Proof American Gold Buffalo Coins are available in near-perfect condition. PR69 or PF69 coins have full, original mint luster with a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Examples of these flaws include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines located outside the primary focal points of the coin. As reverse-proof coins, these specimens have mirrored design elements and frosted background fields.
Please note JM Bullion cannot guarantee which labels are present within the slabs of the coins you receive. This means the labels and additional designations can vary, as can the specific grading house (PCGS or NGC). If you buy more than one, these factors can match.
On the obverse side of 2013-W Reverse Proof American Gold Buffalo Coins is James Earle Fraser’s depiction of an indigenous figure. Crafted using the physical features of various real-life tribal leaders, this design shows the stoic figure with braided hair that has feathers woven in.
The reverse field of the 2013-W 1 oz Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo comes with an image of an American bison. This massive land mammal is shown here in left-profile relief standing on a small mound of dirt.
Please contact JM Bullion with questions about gold for sale. You can call us at 800-276-6508, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.