In 2013, the America the Beautiful Series at the United States Mint entered its fourth full year of issue. The 2013 release included five of its own, unique designs, including two that represented sites critical to America’s survival during the War of 1812 between the fledgling United States of America and the United Kingdom. Right now, 2013 5 oz ATB Fort McHenry Silver Coins in perfect condition are available to purchase online from JM Bullion.
- Arrives in a protective plastic slab from the PCGS!
- 4th coin in 2013 and 19th overall in the ATB Series!
- Limited original mintage!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 5 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Bears a face value of $.25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a grade of SP70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- President George Washington features on the obverse.
- Bombs burst overhead at Fort McHenry during the War of 1812 in the reverse design.
- Released for Maryland in the ATB Series.
- Honors Fort McHenry National Monument.
Each 2013 5 oz ATB Fort McHenry Silver Coin available in this listing at JM Bullion has been given a perfect certification by the PCGS and packaged in a protective plastic slab for delivery. SP70 coins exhibit full, original mint luster and have no detracting flaws of any kind.
The Battle of Baltimore during the War of 1812 was a critical moment for the fledgling United States of America. Just two generations after the nation broke free from the United Kingdom, the Royal Army and Royal Navy once again descended on North America in hopes of bringing the Americans to heel. Fort McHenry played a pivotal role in the war by display the stalwart defense and grit of the United States Army in its effort to yet again defeated an overpowering enemy.
President George Washington is on the obverse of 2013 ATB Fort McHenry Silver Coins. This portrait of the 1st President of the United States of America was designed in 1932 by John Flanagan and debuted that year on the US Quarter, a coin it remains on to this day.
In the reverse design of the 2013 5 oz Fort McHenry Silver Coin, the US Mint features a design honoring the moments that inspired the Star-Spangled Banner, the national anthem of the United States of America. While imprisoned on a British ship in Baltimore Harbor during the Royal Navy’s bombardment of Fort McHenry, Francis Scott Key wrote of the stalwart Americans defending their nation against a global superpower. As the bombs burst overhead, the Americans didn’t blink and, come morning, the Stars and Stripes remained above the fort.
If you have any questions when buying silver, please feel free to ask. JM Bullion customer service is available at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.