Designed by the U.S. Mint for their iconic America the Beautiful Coin Series, the 2013 5 oz ATB Fort McHenry Silver Coin is the perfect example of the Mint’s continual ability to produce a brilliant coinage collection for collectors and avid investors in the same breath.
- Shipped securely in protective plastic slabs courtesy of the NGC!
- 4th coin available in 2013 and 19th overall in the ATB Series!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains five ounces of .999 pure silver
- Bears a face value of $.25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of SP 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse features President George Washington.
- On the reverse is a battle scene from Fort McHenry.
As one of the US Mint’s most exciting and creative coinage collections, the America the Beautiful Coin Series features all of America’s most famous parks, landmarks, and historic sites that make the nation one of the most unique and lovely places to visit in the world. The series celebrates these U.S. attractions by featuring them on silver coins. 2013 is the fourth year for this enjoyable and collectible series.
The 2013 5 oz ATB Fort McHenry Silver Coin reverse field features, of course, Fort McHenry and the battle there during the War of 1812. This battle was where the nation’s anthem, Star Spangled Banner was formed by Francis Scott Key, a revered poet who witnessed the battle and wrote the song right in the middle of it.
The obverse side of the coin features the one and only George Washington, our first president who appears on the coin in a left sided profile. It is the same one found on the debut of the 1932 US Quarter. Produced with 5 oz of .999 pure silver, these remarkable coins are ideal for collectors of precious metals.
It has a grade of Mint State 70, indicating it has no trace of wear, handling, scratches, or contact with other coins. Additionally, these coins arrived for certification within 30 days of its release from the Mint.
If you have any questions about the 2013 5 oz ATB Fort McHenry Silver Coin or any of our other silver bullion coins, please call us at 800-276-6508 and we’d be happy to help you. Our team is also available online through our live chat and email address features.