In 2008, the United States Mint issued fractional-ounce gold coins in the American Gold Buffalo series for the only time in its history. These weights of 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz, the same popularly issued in the American Gold Eagle, were available in Proof and Burnished versions. Now, 2008-W 1/2 oz Proof American Gold Buffalo Coins are available to you for purchase online from JM Bullion in perfect condition.
- Coin arrives inside of a protective plastic slab from the PCGS or NGC!
- 1st and only release of 1/2 oz Proof American Gold Buffalo coins!
- Limited initial mintage of only 12,169 coins!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 1/2 Troy oz of .9999 pure gold.
- Issued face values of $25 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of PF70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse of the coin is a stoic figure.
- The reverse features an American bison.
- W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
- Please remember you could get matching labels if you purchase multiples.
Proof American Gold Buffalo Coins feature the same beautiful visuals of other collectible proof gold coins from the United States Mint. Proof gold coins have frosted design elements and mirrored fields. The contrasting finishes create visual distinctions between the design strike and the background field of the coins.
The American Gold Buffalo coins were introduced by the United States Mint in 2006. The series made history when it was introduced because it was the first-ever 24-karat gold coin in the more than two-century history of the United States Mint. When it introduced the proof and burnished versions, those coins too had 24-karat gold content.
On the obverse side of 2008-W 1/2 oz Proof American Gold Buffalo Coins, you will find a depiction of an indigenous tribal figure. This right-profile portrait combines the facial features of three different tribal leaders of the early 20th century. The stoic figure has braided hair with feathers at the back of the head.
The reverse face of 2008-W 1/2 oz Proof Gold Buffalo Coins depicts an American bison. This creature is the largest mammal traversing the land in North America and exists as one of two subspecies living on the continent: the plains bison shown here or the wood bison.
These 2008-W 1/2 oz Proof American Gold Buffalo Coins are perfect specimens. PF70 coins showcase full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws. It is possible in this listing to receive coins with additional labels, but that is not guaranteed. JM Bullion selects all coins after the payment has been processed and you receive specific items based on availability at that point. We cannot guarantee if your coin has a PCGS or NGC grade, nor can we guarantee if it will or will not have additional labels.
JM Bullion customer service is available at 800-276-6508. We are also available on the web using our live chat and email address features.