The American Gold Buffalo Coin was introduced by the United States Mint in 2006. The first-ever 24-karat gold coin from the United States, the Gold Buffalo revived the historic Buffalo Nickel image. 2008 was one of the most unique release years in the series as it offered fractional-ounce coins for the only time in the series. Today, 2008-W 1/2 oz Burnished American Gold Buffalo Coins in perfect condition are available to you online from JM Bullion.
- Available to you in the PCGS or NGC protective plastic slab!
- 1st-ever Burnished American Gold Buffalo Coins!
- Original mintage of only 16,908 coins!
- Limited number of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 1/2 Troy oz of .9999 pure gold.
- The face value of $25 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse side is a stoic indigenous figure.
- The reverse face includes an American bison.
- W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
- Please note the varied additional labels could match if you buy more than one.
The American Gold Buffalo Coin debuted in 2006 with a Brilliant Uncirculated and Proof version of the coin available only in 1 oz gold. The coin series expanded in 2008 only to feature fractional ounces with the 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz made available for one time only. These weights were introduced that year for the Proof and Burnished coins only and available, in the case of the burnished coin, for only one year.
All of the 2008-W 1/2 oz Burnished American Gold Buffalo Coins in this product listing come with a Mint State 70 certification. Coins in this condition have full, original mint luster and present with no detracting flaws of any kind.
The coins in this listing could come with varied labels. JM Bullion cannot guarantee whether or not your coins will have these labels, nor can we guarantee which grading house issued the MS70 label. We only guarantee that the coins have perfect certifications. If you purchase more than one, please note the varied labels could match.
On the obverse of 2008 1/2 oz Burnished American Gold Buffalo Coins is the effigy of a stoic indigenous figure. He is shown in right-profile relief with braided hair. The design is accompanied on this side by the initials of designer James Earle Fraser and the W mint mark of the West Point Mint.
The reverse face of the 2008-W 1/2 oz Burnished American Gold Buffalo Coin includes a depiction of the American bison. North Americas largest land mammal, the bison was central to the lives, mythology, and culture of indigenous tribes in the American Plains.
Please contact JM Bullion with any questions. You can call us on the phone at 800-276-6508, chat with us live online, or email us directly.