In 2007, the Proof American Gold Eagle Coin experienced a bump in demand compared to the 2006 release, with all four weights seeing a jump in mintage. The 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagle enjoyed the greatest increase of the four, climbing by more than 11,000 coins over the 2006 date mark. Today, 2007-W 1/10 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Coins are available to you online from JM Bullion in perfect condition.
- Available to you in protective plastic slabs from the PCGS!
- 22nd year of issue for American Gold Eagle Coins!
- Announced mintage of only 58,553 coins!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 1/10 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- The face value of $5 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- DCAM visuals.
- On the obverse is an effigy of Liberty.
- The reverse field of the coin features a family of bald eagles.
- Bears a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
The issuance of 58,553 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagles in 2007 was a significant one. For starters, it was the highest mintage the weight had seen since 1995 when 62,667 coins were sold. More importantly, it is the most recent high-water mark for the weight as no 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagle issued since then has surpassed the 2007 mintage.
All of the 2007-W 1/10 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Coins available here are PR70 specimens in plastic slabs. Considered perfect coins, each one has full, original mint luster and no flaws. The DCAM designation indicates a proof coin with deep-cameo visuals. This means the coins have strong, frosted designs with deeply-mirrored, clear fields.
On the obverse of 2007-W Proof Gold Eagles is an effigy of Lady Liberty. This front-facing effigy of Liberty was created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens for the Double Eagle coins from the US Mint. The full-length figure of Liberty is shown walking toward you with the U.S. Capitol Building at her feet, sun rays behind her frame, and a ring of 50 stars around the design element. Liberty holds the olive branch of peace in her left hand and holds up a torch in her right.
The reverse side of 2007-W 1/10 oz Proof American Eagles showcases the exclusive design of a family of bald eagles as created in 1986 by Miley Busiek. This design shows a male eagle soaring to the nest as a female eagle guards hatchlings within the nest.
Please contact JM Bullion with any questions. You can call us at 800-313-3315, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.