One of the most popular coin series from the Perth Mint of Australia has been the Lunar Series I. Celebrating the animals of the Chinese Lunar Calendar, the series featured each of the 12 creatures from the Zodiac. Right now, the 2007 1 oz Australian Gold Pig Coin is available from JM Bullion.
- Limited mintage of just 18,149 coins!
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 pure gold.
- Protect your investment with a 32mm Air-Tite Coin Holder.
- Issued with a face value of $100 (AUD).
- Considered legal tender by the government of Australia.
- Final coin in the Lunar Series I.
- Available in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
- Ships in a plastic capsule.
- Eligible for use in Precious Metals IRA portfolios. Click here to seehistorical Perth Gold Lunar Coin mintages.
The Lunar Series I coin program from the Perth Mint was introduced in 1996. Each years coin featured a new image of the animal from that particular year on the Chinese Lunar Calendar. The program started with the Year of the Mouse, and concluded in 2007 with this Year of the Pig coin.
On the reverse side of each of these coins is the image of a young pig, standing in a field of mud and debris. On the left-hand side is the year of minting, listed vertically. To the right, the Chinese symbol for pig is featured. Below the image of the pig is the coins weight, purity, and metal content.
The obverse side of the coin bears the image of Queen Elizabeth II. Featured on all Australian currency, her image was created by Ian Rank-Broadley, and is surrounded by the engravings Elizabeth II, Australia, and the face value of the coin. The coins in this product listing are available in BU condition, meaning each has no signs of wear, but may feature contact marks or other minor blemishes.
Australias Perth Mint is the oldest facility in the country, but it is not the nations official mint. The Perth Mint is a state-owned entity of the government of Western Australia. It has been in operation for over 120 years now.
If you have a question about the products in this listing, dont hesitate to contact one of our associates at 800-276-6508, online using our live web chat, or via email. If you are interested in similar coins, please check out the Australian Gold Coin page of the JM Bullion website.